• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 firmware 4.0 available now

bombshell

Can all the non-gaming tiles be thrown into a folder?

It sucks that the TV, browser, etc. tiles are bumped to the front whenever a new app is released. So throwing all that into media folder would be great.

Not those in the TV/video tile, but every other app can.

lol...don't get too excited about folders. its nice but its still somewhat limited

I think it's been a game changer in the beta for keeping my home screen line of tiles organized.

Yep. I have the capture gallery, web browser, etc all thrown into a folder and organized the way I want. You cannot, however, put things like YouTube or Netflix into a folder. The Tv & Video tile still exists and can't be changed.

Did the TV "folder" get any sort of update? It's kind of a mess atm.

LordOfChaos

Man, I wish TV makers decoupled HDR from 4K. I'd get a small 1080p HDR tv for my room just for this update if it was found to be significant.

Justified

Oh yea!

When stabilty, and new features meet:

VpvafAl.gif

theDeeDubs

Awesome. I really like the quick menu button they added. Honestly, every thing about this update is awesome. Well done, Sony.

About the only thing I could want now is for them to work on the friends list a little. It needs an overhaul/facelift I think.

fernoca

Yep. I have the capture gallery, web browser, etc all thrown into a folder and organized the way I want. You cannot, however, put things like YouTube or Netflix into a folder. The Tv & Video tile still exists and can't be changed.
Oh! That was one of the tiles I wanted to throw into a folder. XD

Thanks.

That will never happen.

It will probably happen when Sony shuts down support for the PS3. If the original Xbox could limit the number of friends your Live account could have, I'm sure the PS3 can hamper a menial feature such as changing your ID.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Sounds very good! I'm really excited for folders. I'll probably tinker around with the HDR settings, but the folders are super important. I have over 100 something PS4 games that I'd love to organize into various categories (mainly, shit I'm playing, shit I'm not playing, and shit I'm not playing yet).

RedAssedApe

Banned
Who to believe? : (

Don't get me wrong. I like it. Its definitely decluttered things since I just have one folder with all the playstation apps (vue, live, spotify, media player, image viewer, etc.). There are limitations though:

- you can't have a game/app in more than one folder
- you can't have media apps (outside of the sony ones) in a folder)
- you have to manually sort your folders
- you can't pin folders to the front of the DMB

Did the TV "folder" get any sort of update? It's kind of a mess atm.

Its better now. If you delete a media app off your HD it won't show up here now. The one caveat is if its one of the promoted apps/ads in the first few rows. Those are still there.

LordOfChaos

In order to make it easier to get all of your data from one PS4 to another, especially if you upgrade to PS4 Pro, we’ve added the ability to transfer data over a wired LAN connection. You can transfer games, user info, and saved data. Of course, you can re-download content and transfer saves through the cloud, but the LAN transfer should be much faster and easier.

Sweet

Latam blog doesn't mention the "share" upgrade for Pro and, of course, they still don't mention the PS4 Pro at all. Guess they haven't the slightiest idea of what they're gonna do with the console yet.

Latam blog doesn't mention the "share" upgrade for Pro and, of course, they still don't mention the PS4 Pro at all. Guess they haven't the slightiest idea of what they're gonna do with the console yet.

Well that was an announced feature for the console, so why would they announce that they "added it" in this blog post?

Cess007

Don't get me wrong. I like it. Its definitely decluttered things since I just have one folder with all the playstation apps (vue, live, spotify, media player, image viewer, etc.). There are limitations though:

- you can't have a game/app in more than one folder
- you can't have media apps (outside of the sony ones) in a folder)
- you have to manually sort your folders
- you can't pin folders to the front of the DMB

Its better now. If you delete a media app off your HD it won't show up here now. The one caveat is if its one of the promoted apps/ads in the first few rows. Those are still there.

I see. Sorting folder manually seems to be the only one very annoying to me. I don't see the point on having a game on multiple folders and never care much for pinning folders.

what? you can put multiple games in folders.

One game per folder? What would be the point then lol

I think he meant that one game can't be on multiple folders at the same time; not that a folder can only hold 1 game.

Thorzilla

Great system update IMO. Much needed refinement to the UI, although it still needs some work.

Vey excited for the data transfer too!

kaskade

its nice that hdr is coming to the original PS4 too. Do games need to be patched or could some of them display the hdr already? I thought I remember reading that when assets are made they can be made with a higher range of colors they just don't get displayed.

J-Skee

Looks like everyone who still has PT can safely transfer it over to another PS4 & get rid of the other one if they desire.

BigEmil

Best update yet imo also as a huge Spotify PS4 user those improved music controls in quick menu too is bliss

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Can all the non-gaming tiles be thrown into a folder?

It sucks that the TV, browser, etc. tiles are bumped to the front whenever a new app is released. So throwing all that into media folder would be great.

^ This exactly, word for word ^

Goddamit.

Top Bottom