• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Very Slow Upload Speed

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
So I am still having an issue with trying to remote play my PS5 to my phone on any network that the PS5 isn’t on. So I ran a speed test through the system itself and my download speed was fine (400+), but my upload speed was 10. WTF?!

I tested my connection with my Xbox, phone, laptop and iPad. All of them have my upload speed at 100.

Is this normal? Is there something wrong with my PS5?

wvnative

So I can't really "help" you, but I can say my upload speed has always tested pretty low on both PS4 and PS5, but I never found it to affect anything. Remote play generally works well on both consoles for me unless my family is watching disney+ or hbo max. I use my PS4 to remote play my PS5, so maybe it's worse on a phone?

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
So I can't really "help" you, but I can say my upload speed has always tested pretty low on both PS4 and PS5, but I never found it to affect anything. Remote play generally works well on both consoles for me unless my family is watching disney+ or hbo max. I use my PS4 to remote play my PS5, so maybe it's worse on a phone?
Remote play works great on my phone, when I’m on the same network. But once I leave the house, remote play dies after 30-60 seconds, every time. Always in that range of time, no matter what connection I try.

Is upload very important with remote play?

wvnative

Remote play works great on my phone, when I’m on the same network. But once I leave the house, remote play dies after 30-60 seconds, every time. Always in that range of time, no matter what connection I try.

Is upload very important with remote play?

Yes it is. Your PS5 must upload a datastream to the network, video, audio and input.

I'm sorry, I've never remote played outside my home.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I was able to get a session going on my lunch break. On my 4th attempt, the connection lasted the rest of my lunch break. Weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom