• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick Moranis to star in new ‘Honey I Shrunk the Kids’ movie

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Definitely going to see this take my kids to see this at the movies.

“Spaceballs” and “Ghostbusters” actor Rick Moranis, who has largely been retired from Hollywood for two decades, has now reportedly closed his deal to star in the new film “Shrunk” at Disney Pictures.

The film is a follow-up to 1989’s “Honey I Shrunk the Kids” and its two sequels, and sees Moranis return as Wayne Szalinski. In the new take, Josh Gad plays his grown up son who is aspiring to be a great scientist like his father, and accidentally shrinks his kids just like his dad did.

womfalcs3

Banned
I'm in. I re-watched Honey I Blew Up our Kid last month. Those movies were so cheesy, but they had a charm about them.

Let’s do it

giphy.gif

#Phonepunk#

Banned
pretty damn crazy. almost afraid to see him all old and stuff.

honestly im scared for him. the dude has been out of the limelight for a long time. all it takes is one bad comment and people will try and cancel him. this isn't the same culture as it was in the 90s.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
pretty damn crazy. almost afraid to see him all old and stuff.

honestly im scared for him. the dude has been out of the limelight for a long time. all it takes is one bad comment and people will try and cancel him. this isn't the same culture as it was in the 90s.

Quick google search and he actually looks good for his age. Balding a bit but he seems like he’s taken care of himself.

Certainly better than Bill Murray.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
at the time i didn't realize just how well done this concept was but the original Honey films were actually pretty well done. in the past few years i've been digging into old school tv and discovered the Land of the Giants, which they show really late on MeTV. the show absolutely sucks in every way and is an example of how the "tiny people" concept can go horribly wrong:

Birdo

Banned
Watch later Christopher Lloyd movies to see how bad these old comic actors get when they are old.

The film is a follow-up to 1989’s “Honey I Shrunk the Kids” and its two sequels, and sees Moranis return as Wayne Szalinski. In the new take, Josh Gad plays his grown up son who is aspiring to be a great scientist like his father, and accidentally shrinks his kids just like his dad did.

So one of those remake sequels.

lock2k

Banned
Definitely going to see this take my kids to see this at the movies.

It will have a better opening weekend than Birds of Prey.

Top Bottom