• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: NX May Be Playable At EGX 2016 (September 22-25)

hemo memo

Gold Member
NX = EGX reveal
EGX = in the UK
UK = British Accent
British Accent = Xenoblade Chronicles
Xenoblade Chronicles (2?)+ NX + EGX= :O finally a direct sequel.

Tokyo Game Show is the 15th-18th September.

So if nintendo demo first there (or have a direct first), it's possible. I don't think Nintendo generally exhibit in TGS though. At least I don't remember them doing so even in the nineties.

Its got to happen sometime, NX will be announced in a Nintendo Direct and games will then be playable at EGX, why not. Means they can also allow people to try out their stuff at TGS.

Mr Swine

Banned
I think Nintendo will announce/show NX next year around Jan-Feb. nothing this year since they want people to buy Wii U's and 3DS's

Neoxon

I think Nintendo will announce/show NX next year around Jan-Feb. nothing this year since they want people to buy Wii U's and 3DS's
If the NX Platform is launching in March, then I highly doubt that Nintendo would wait until the very last minute to do a reveal.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
We do not plan to show the NX at the E3 show in Los Angeles in June. We will introduce the NX at another time later this year.
Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160428/04.html

If they by "this year" mean the calendar year 2016 or the fiscal year 2016 (April 2016 - March 2017) can be debated.

Asking what people expect means nothing. It's a survey.

So rumor?... well, more a very very big speculation here (based on a survey...).

EGX is crap (fact) and NX will be introduced first in Japan first (imo).
Maybe even not during a gaming event but during a NX dedicated Direct.

thefro

It's possible since I think NX will be revealed by the time TGS happens in September, but as others have said, I don't think this survey means anything (i.e. Hololens being on the list).

Really if they go any longer than that, stuff's going to leak out since hardware dev kits would be widely available. At some point third parties who aren't "trusted partners" are going to have to get dev kits too.

Most of August doesn't make sense for a reveal time since you'll be competing for PR with the Summer Olympics. My money's on late August/early September.

Rösti;206441229 said:
Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/160428/04.html

If they by "this year" mean the calendar year 2016 or the fiscal year 2016 (April 2016 - March 2017) can be debated.

The NOA press release said it would be unveiled this year

Nintendo press release said:
NX: Nintendo previously announced that it would release more information about its next system, code-named NX, this year. As the first announcement of any NX information, Nintendo confirmed that NX is scheduled to launch in March 2017. NX will not make an appearance at the upcoming E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles in June and will be unveiled later this year.

Rich!

They will have their own event and reveal it in August

You heard it here first

well, that's the most likely outcome

but really, this is Nintendo. They will announce it:

1. when they are ready

2. on their own terms

3. when we are not expecting it with zero prior notice.

BKSmash

Honestly I've lost so much faith in Nintendo this (and last) year, so I've just given up on hoping that things like this are true. I'll just wait until the wonderful day something like this will actually happen.
Please be true..

And lol at people believing NX will be released in March. They just wanted to shut up us for a while.

Top Bottom