• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shareblue: Paul Ryan refuses to say if he’d take help from Russia to win an election

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zolo

Source: http://shareblue.com/paul-ryan-refuses-to-say-whether-hed-take-help-from-russia-to-win-an-election/
ABC news original source: https://twitter.com/i/web/status/885145095216939013

One year ago, a super PAC aligned with House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) used documents stolen by Russian hackers to attack Democratic congressional candidates.

But on Wednesday, the Republican congressman refused to say whether he'd be willing to take a meeting with foreign operatives promising to deliver opposition research on his political opponents.

He responded with typical evasiveness, telling NBCs Katie Hunt, ”I'm not going to go into hypotheticals," while insisting that ”it's important that we get to the bottom of this."

HUNT: Would you accept a meeting with a representative

RYAN: Oh, I'm not going to go into hypotheticals.

HUNT: Would you accept a meeting with somebody who said, ”I have information from a foreign adversary that will help you beat your campaign opponent"?

RYAN: Look, I'm not going to go into hypotheticals, only because I think it's important that we get to the bottom of all of this. As you all know, I supported Bob Mueller being appointed special counsel, and I think we need to let him and his team and our investigators here do their jobs and follow these leads wherever they may lay — wherever they may go and follow the facts.

Socreges

Banned
I would imagine he's trained to avoid questions like this. If he answers "No" then anyone can run a story where he's condemning Trump.

This is where they need to be nailed. Trump and his team have made it extremely difficult for people to be associated with him. So keep burying people

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
That means he did it.

It's really not a hard question to answer and he's already opposed trump on multiple harder issues so the theory above makes no sense.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
would you lie down prone on the ground and consume infant children whole without the use of your hands, in the manner of snake, representative?

Stinkles

Your premises don't necessarily lead to your conclusion.

No of course but they remain a reasonable opinion. Ryan has faced off against Trump multiple times on much more "popular " issues. I might be wrong but that kinda goes without saying.

Socreges

Banned
No of course but they remain a reasonable opinion. Ryan has faced off against Trump multiple times on much more "popular " issues. I might be wrong but that kinda goes without saying.
Just defending my theory! It's what I believe is more likely here, rather than him implicating himself by refusing to say No.

I'm sure these Republicans have begun to think more and more carefully about how they deal with these issues.

Kahoona

Will someone PLEASE ask him why he hasn't called for Jared Kushner's security clearance revoked since he did with Hillary.

Stinkles

Ryan has always been soft on Trump on this particular point. Not McConnell or Sessions level but definitely soft.

Never heard of shareblue before...

Shareblue is former Hillary attack dog David Brock's Democrat click bait/propaganda site. It's very slickly presented but if you want to be taken seriously it's better to quote a more neutral source.

It's very interesting to me, as a former journalist, that the Shareblue article, definitely less objective, seemed "better written." The USA Today article as serious news written for the widest possible audience surely prioritized economy of language, clarity and objectivity, while the Shareblue article is free to use more florid, exciting language. I can see how that would seem "better" because it's more emotional and more interesting. Just like, say, a clickbait Gawker rewrite of a news story would always get more views than the original. We aren't really taught to take the dryness of "hard" news as a virtue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom