• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Reportedly Offering Refunds For 'Anthem' PS4 Owners No Questions Asked

iconmaster

Banned
In many countries they must refund you if the game does not function in a way that is up to reasonable standards.

That seems like a good rule.

I had been giving Bioware another 9 or 12 months before shutdown/assimilation. I'm starting to think about a shorter estimate.

Last edited:

angelic

Banned
Well they wouldnt refund The Witness because I'd downloaded it, even though I've never launched it. Six whole pounds.

VertigoOA

Banned
The pro already sounds like it’s having a seizure when running most games.

I had it crash the console once. I thought it killed my PS4.

Last edited:
they send me to the market in my country,they said fuck off,they said Sony knows about the hard reset or stop of the console,because that is my problem with the game,and its working with EA for a fix,asking if I can get a refund they said they don't do that ,I should asked form EA,shiiiit

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Well the word is "out" and Sony seems to be locking down refunds. I'm currently in chat and they're saying no.
Sony must have gotten hammered with refund requests and freaked out.

No refund. This is after escalating it to a "supervisor". They say it's in their TOS no refunds. When I mentioned Sony was issuing refunds and thus their TOS doesn't apply, they tried to change the subject to EA and to contact EA.

Good luck to anyone trying to refund the game. I'm uninstalling it from my PS4 Pro. The game easily could have used another year in development.

I guess it isn't old news that they're strict with refunds. I got a refund to upgrade a regular version of a game to the deluxe edition and they called it something like a "one time good willed gesture". Which meant I wanted to spend more money and it was nice of them to take pity on me for wanting to buy the more expensive version when I got the less expensive version pre-ordered. I wasn't shocked they said no to refunding Anthem. I hate getting kicked out of the game. It takes all my game time just to reconnect. There's the option to contact the Federal Trade Commission in the US and report it.

I told the rep at Sony that it feels like I wasted my money just to wait for them to fix it. It feels like no one really gives a shit up there in the business suits and million dollar a year payrolls.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I hope GaaS piss off, permanently. They are money making vehicles first and foremost. The actual quality of the game is an afterthought. Just good enough to keep people playing / paying.

I agree somewhat. Or leave GaaS to developers that actually have a true plan to make it work. So far it feels like GaaS is a Publisher creation that's being pushed on devs to "Make Work".

Jigsaah

Gold Member
If Anthem wasn't done before...it definitely is now. Nail in the Coffin. Bioware needs to stop everything they are doing and fix this now. All hands on deck.

If Anthem wasn't done before...it definitely is now. Nail in the Coffin. Bioware needs to stop everything they are doing and fix this now. All hands on deck.
Or not,if EA sees is as a fail then they could split the team to put them on other project and leave Anthem like Andromeda,or they at least leave a skeleton crew to try and fix some of the problems,now its all how EA reacts

Woo-Fu

Banned
It's probably bricking a relatively large amount of units with overheating. Better for Sony to refund the game than eat the cost of the warranty repairs. It would have to be doing that to a bunch of people though for Sony to go this route.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Or not,if EA sees is as a fail then they could split the team to put them on other project and leave Anthem like Andromeda,or they at least leave a skeleton crew to try and fix some of the problems,now its all how EA reacts

I was being facetious but ok...I'll work on my delivery.

Boss Mog

As this point they should just do an SE and reboot the whole game like FFXIV if they want to salvage it, the core gameplay is there and it's good, it's just all the stuff around it that's garbage.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
EA doesn’t give a shit.

Anthem is 6 years in the making. How much more money do you think EA is willing to spend trying to fix this game?

Unless this game has some miraculous sales #s/microtransaction sales, I think it’s far more likely EA will just can it.

EA doesn’t give a single shit about making a quality game. They care about return on investment. They won’t invest anything in this game unless they believe they will generate a return on that investment.

Even the launch build was causing this. Brad from Giant Bomb has been mentioning it shutting his PS4 down since the game came out.
Which release date are we talking about here? Because there are several builds that separate both release days. I'm talking about the earliest date players could jump in (so the Origin Access users).
Regardless, I'm not defending the game or BioWare - I should have said the game was relatively stable at launch (and exponentially more stable than the current build), and that's why it passed cert. That's all.

waylo

Banned
Which release date are we talking about here? Because there are several builds that separate both release days. I'm talking about the earliest date players could jump in (so the Origin Access users).
Regardless, I'm not defending the game or BioWare - I should have said the game was relatively stable at launch (and exponentially more stable than the current build), and that's why it passed cert. That's all.
Well, I don't believe PS4 users were able to play on that initial release date as they don't have Access/Premier, so I'm referring to what they call the "real" launch date which was whatever Friday.

Even still, I played day one on PC since I've got Premier and the game was never particularly stable it seemed. I had lots of crashes and hangs that required restarts.

I don't know...game is a mess.

Top Bottom