• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SuperData: Top 11 games by revenue(digital) in 2018.

Leonidas

Came across this info recently and posted it in the Console doomsday thread but feels this info needs it's own thread.

• 1. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, Bluehole - $1.028 billion
  • 2. FIFA 18, Electronic Arts - $790 million
  • 3. Grand Theft Auto V, Take-Two Interactive - $628 million
  • 4. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII, Activision Blizzard - $612 million
  • 5. Red Dead Redemption 2, Take-Two Interactive - $516 million
  • 6. Call of Duty: WWII, Activision Blizzard - $506 million
  • 7. FIFA 19, Electronic Arts - $482 million
  • 8. Monster Hunter: World, Capcom - $467 million
  • 9. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, Ubisoft - $440 million
  • 10. Overwatch, Activision Blizzard - $429 million

• 1. Fortnite, Epic Games - $2.4 billion
  • 2. Dungeon Fighter Online, Nexon - $1.5 billion
  • 3. League of Legends, Riot Games, Tencent - $1.4 billion
  • 4. Pokemon GO, Niantic - $1.3 billion
  • 5. Crossfire, Neowiz Games - $1.3 billion
  • 6. Honour of Kings, Tencent - $1.3 billion
  • 7. Fate/Grand Order, Aniplex - $1.2 billion
  • 8. Candy Crush Saga, King, Activision Blizzard - $1.1 billion
  • 9. Monster Strike, Mixi - $1.0 billion
  • 10. Clash Royale, Supercell, Tencent - $0.9 billion

Source:

But what I found interesting is the combined chart.

I've combined the charts and this was the result.
  • 1. Fortnite, Epic Games - $2.4 billion
  • 2. Dungeon Fighter Online, Nexon - $1.5 billion
  • 3. League of Legends, Riot Games, Tencent - $1.4 billion
  • 4. Pokemon GO, Niantic - $1.3 billion
  • 5. Crossfire, Neowiz Games - $1.3 billion
  • 6. Honour of Kings, Tencent - $1.3 billion
  • 7. Fate/Grand Order, Aniplex - $1.2 billion
  • 8. Candy Crush Saga, King, Activision Blizzard - $1.1 billion
  • 9. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, Bluehole - $1.028 billion (not including F2P mobile revenue, it'd otherwise be near the top)
  • 10. Monster Strike, Mixi - $1.0 billion
  • 11. Clash Royale, Supercell, Tencent - $0.9 billion
Had to stop here because there is probably some other mobile/PC F2P games that GAF has never heard of that had higher revenue than FIFA.

This is quite interesting data, but I'm really not sure what to make of it. Never even heard of a handful of these.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

GTA is till making over half a billion a year..fucking hell ..also very very happy to see Monster Hunter World up there :messenger_smiling::messenger_smiling:

kTrspB8.gif

Leonidas

Just looked up two of top 5 games that I never heard of.

600M registered users for Dungeon Fighter Online(this is also on Steam) and CrossFire. That's massive.
The amount of money these games have generated is astounding and these games have seemingly been near the top of the gaming market for years.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Just looked up two of top 5 games that I never heard of.

600M registered users for Dungeon Fighter Online(this is also on Steam) and CrossFire. That's massive.
The amount of money these games have generated is astounding and these games have seemingly been near the top of the gaming market for years.
Ya. Haven;t heard of half of them. Some of these games are old as hell too. I thought the Crossfire game was the vehicle combat game..... (actually called Crossout when I googled it). Turns out Crossfire is a Counterstike kind of game from 10 years ago. played in China and Korea.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Sad that PUBG made so much, I'm glad BR has grown to better offerings now.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Sad that PUBG made so much, I'm glad BR has grown to better offerings now.

PUBG making all that money is why you have better offerings now. It proved there was a substantial, sustainable market for BR.

I'm pretty sure Activision/EA/Epic didn't look at The Culling and say, "We need a piece of that!", lol.

Last edited:
DFO is that popular? Is it actually getting MORE popular? I haven't played in years, since they brought it to the west... I didnt realise it was still being supported like that. Is it still basically 640x480, or whatever low res it used to be?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What the fuck?

Are most of those mobile games only released in Japan? I seriously don’t recognize 4 out of the top 10, whatsoever, and I follow gaming pretty closely.

Fate/Grand Order lurking in the top 10. It's the only truly story-driven mobile gacha game out there. Well that and historical figures gender-bent into waifus.

Top Bottom