• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 PC requirements: Requires 100 GB available storage space

Draugoth

Gold Member
ss_3128df5768cf9fe7ea7b21096cddaf07279ba0bd.jpg

The upcoming PC requirements for Tekken 8 are now available on Steam.

According to the platform, PC users will need to ensure they have 100GB of installation space available.

Tekken 8 developer Bandai Namco has also listed 16 GB RAM as its recommended memory requirement. While this does seem to be along the standard line for PC games today, it is still twice that of Mortal Kombat 1's memory recommendations.

You can see all of Tekken 8's PC requirements, as they are listed on the game's Steam storepage, below:

MINIMUM:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K/AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti/AMD Radeon R9 380X
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 100 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible soundcard/Onboard chipset
  • Additional Notes: *"FPS (frame rate/second): Stable over 60" is guaranteed and selected under the graphic settings by default when the game is launched for the first time.*Frame rate may drop when other applications are running in the background.*Please note that minimum and recommended specifications are subjected to changes without notice.

RECOMMENDED:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-7700K/AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070/AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Storage: 100 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible soundcard/Onboard chipset
  • Additional Notes: *"FPS (frame rate/second): Stable over 60" is guaranteed and selected under the graphic settings by default when the game is launched for the first time.*Frame rate may drop when other applications are running in the background.*Please note that minimum and recommended specifications are subjected to changes without notice.

So, if you are looking forward to a punch up when Tekken 8 releases next year, best use the festive period to play through your PC backlog and clear out some space.

Via Eurogamer

Celcius

°Temp. member
My 4TB western digital SN850X is ready. SSD prices have really come down over the past 2 years...

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I really need to upgrade my SSD storage M.2/SSD drives were sky high when I built my PC I had to cheap out they've since come way down in price

Celcius

°Temp. member
I don't think there's OT for tekken 8 so I guess this is as good a place as any to talk about performance.
The game is running really poorly on my 3090 and I'm trying to figure out what's wrong. I get a benchmark score of 100 while I see others with a 3090 getting a score of like 800+. It's struggling to run at 1080p with performance DLSS. I'm on the latest driver and all my other games run fine. Anyone else seeing weird performance? This is my first time with an UE5 game...

Edit: Rolled my driver back from 551.23 to 546.65 and my benchmark score went from 100 to 832. Found the problem.

Last edited:
I'm playing through Story and I noticed there are a LOT of pre-rendered cutscenes, so I checked the installation folders and there is around 30GB worth of movie files in this game.

Once I'm done with the Story I'm going to delete and/or replace all those files lol

I don't think there's OT for tekken 8 so I guess this is as good a place as any to talk about performance.
The game is running really poorly on my 3090 and I'm trying to figure out what's wrong. I get a benchmark score of 100 while I see others with a 3090 getting a score of like 800+. It's struggling to run at 1080p with performance DLSS. I'm on the latest driver and all my other games run fine. Anyone else seeing weird performance? This is my first time with an UE5 game...

Edit: Rolled my driver back from 551.23 to 546.65 and my benchmark score went from 100 to 832. Found the problem.
How do you run the Benchmark again? I can't find it in options, unless I'm blind lol

Edit: also it runs fine for me on 551.23 with a 3080Ti
Maybe your driver installation messed up somehow?

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm playing through Story and I noticed there are a LOT of pre-rendered cutscenes, so I checked the installation folders and there is around 30GB worth of movie files in this game.

Once I'm done with the Story I'm going to delete and/or replace all those files lol

How do you run the Benchmark again? I can't find it in options, unless I'm blind lol

Edit: also it runs fine for me on 551.23 with a 3080Ti
Maybe your driver installation messed up somehow?
To rerun the benchmark you have to choose the option to restore default settings in the graphics menu and then it will rerun it.

Since there’s going to be a new driver again next week when the 4080 super launches then I’ll just keep the driver I have until then and try again on the new one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom