• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tentative: Nintendo Switch Presentation to be held at East Hall 8 of Tokyo Big Sight

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
east_hall8qpanx.png

1-Up Studio Inc. posted on Facebook a photo of an invitation letter to the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 on January 13 (JST). In the letter a particular line of text is noteworthy, namely the following:

会場東京ビッグサイトト東8ホール. That reads Venue Tokyo Big Sight East Hall 8.

While some of the text for the first part, venue, is quite blurry I am quite certain the kanji is for venue. Though it is the reason for the tentative disclaimer. The other information tells the address (Tokyo Big Sight Inc. 3-11-1 Ariake, Koto-ku, Tokyo, Japan 135-0063) and phone number (03-5530-1111) of Tokyo Big Sight.

Hall 8 is what you see at the start of the thread. Here are the specs:

Floor Area (m2): 3,080
Ceiling Height(m): 10-12
Floor Load(t/m2): 5
Freight Entrances: 2
Show Office: 1
Meeting Rooms: 2
Dressing Rooms: -
Location of East Hall 8:

I previously suggested Nintendo could choose the International Conference Hall as venue of the press conference:

inter_naz2ur3.png

That seems to me a more natural place for a press conference. But perhaps Nintendo wants a fully custom experience (like the one Microsoft had for its Xbox One reveal in 2013)? There you have it anyway. And as mentioned, until further notice, this information is tentative.

Hoo-doo

Banned
That looks a bit.. ratty compared to the International Conference Hall.

Then again, it'll probably look great with some Nintendo set dressing.

TheMoon

not to be all grumpy but why do we care at this point what the room looks like? not like we need to make travel plans there or anything :)

not to be all grumpy but why do we care at this point what the room looks like? not like we need to make travel plans there or anything :)

How big or furnished the lot they select directly influences how they will customize the set production for their conference. Opting for East Hall instead of the International may allow them more room for a creative presentation than International may give them.

Berordn

Speculation on how in depth the showings will be. If they're customizing the venue there's probably going to be a lot more than a basic presentation, probably a lot of hands on with demos and impressions.

It's good for us enthusiasts who plan on renovating our Iwata basements. We need to make our spaces look like the auditorium for that full immersion factor.

pswii60

From the venue choice we can tell whether Switch will be a success or not, and how good the games will be.

Hi Rösti, I think many people will be interested in this info. The last row of the invitation reads "Person on Stage (登壇者): President Tatsumi Kimishima (代表取締役 君島達己)". Therefore, he will be the presenter on stage.

This info is based on the article below and my knowledge on Japanese Kanji / Chinese (many often they are very similar to each other).

http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-will-be-presenting-at-nintendo-switch-presentation-2017/

Masked Man

I said wow
It's kind of surreal seeing Facebook content belonging to people I know posted on GAF.

Can't wait for the presentation next week!

R00bot

I'm getting that hyped guys please send help I can't breathe no guys seriously call 911 I'm dying why do i even care i havent played a video game in almost a year pls ugh

*ded*

Plum

We have people calling Nintendo out of touch because the presentation isn't natively in English. GAF cares about every little thing when it comes to the Switch.

That... is one damn big hall! The Japanese event has hands-on time after the presentation does it not? If so, that seems like a venue that will allow them to transition between the two more naturally. If the event is just the presentation and nothing more, they'll have room to get pretty damn creative.

Top Bottom