• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Crew Wild Run |OT| Never Drive Alone

xrnzaaas

Probably not that much interest here on GAF. After playing FH3 I'm in no hurry to get back to The Crew, I'll wait for a big sale on the new DLC.

PS. Also it doesn't help that it doesn't have any new trophies, just like Wild Run. :/

danowat

Banned
Probably not that much interest here on GAF. After playing FH3 I'm in no hurry to get back to The Crew, I'll wait for a big sale on the new DLC.

Agreed, I did (do) love The Crew, but there isn't much in the new DLC to draw me back in, a deep sale would push me to go for it though.

I feel the same way. I've already bought the Crew and the Wild Run, I don't want to pay that much money, for a small expansion, that isn't reviewed very well. I will bite on a sale though!

Yeah, given the content I'm going to wait until it's under $10 before I even consider it now. Would've probably bought it at full price or at least during the recent sale had I not already bought Wild Run.

It is pretty fun to get away from player controlled Police

but if you are a player police driving around be prepared to be harassed by everyone nearby doing crash and runs

Hey folks, looking for some purchase advice:

The Crew: Ultimate Edition is on sale 30 bucks on the CDN PSN.

Background:
- I love most arcade racers - NFS Hot Pursuit series being the ultimate, but Burnout, DiRT being real favorites as well.
- I kind of despise Ubi open world design and their checkbox approach to progression. I can play AC and FC games, but almost entirely for the setting and just try to ignore the terrible, cluttered maps and open world busy work.
- i don't have access to an XBO to play Forza Horizon
- I am only interested in single player experience - I don't really care about something being online, but I don't want to play against other racers particularly

Am I going to enjoy this game?

Background:
- I love most arcade racers - NFS Hot Pursuit series being the ultimate, but Burnout, DiRT being real favorites as well.
- I kind of despise Ubi open world design and their checkbox approach to progression. I can play AC and FC games, but almost entirely for the setting and just try to ignore the terrible, cluttered maps and open world busy work.
- I am only interested in single player experience - I don't really care about something being online, but I don't want to play against other racers particularly

I believe there is a demo on PSN isnt there? Its a pretty decent game but the physics are a bit wonky, I think thats the biggest issue.

I would say play the demo and see how you feel about how the game plays.

I believe there is a demo on PSN isnt there? Its a pretty decent game but the physics are a bit wonky, I think thats the biggest issue.

I would say play the demo and see how you feel about how the game plays.

Thanks - any sense as to whether the demo features the major overhauls that came with the Wild Run update?

Background:

The Crew's open world is managed much better. No walls after the prologue, very little busy work really. Just drive explore race and earn.

shockdude

The Crew's open world is managed much better. No walls after the prologue, very little busy work really. Just drive explore race and earn.
Be wary that the prologue is long enough to be annoying; the prologue vehicles have crap handling, and there are several points where you think you're done but you're not.
The prologue isn't finished until after you have a car that you're tuned to street spec, and a headquarters.

After that the game is great. Handling improves significantly with upgrades. Fantastic environments and track variety.

Edit: In the options. change the handling model from "All Assists" to "Sport", or better yet "Hardcore" if you can keep the car under control
(I forget the actual option name; might be called something else)

Top Bottom