• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Missing (Swery; Oct. 11th)

Humdinger

For those who don't know, Swery is the guy behind Deadly Premonition.

Release date announced for Swery's The Missing

Upcoming trial-and-error platformer The Missing, from developers White Owls (founded by Hidetaka “Swery” Suehiro of Deadly Premonition fame), will be releasing on October 11th. So if you’re especially looking forward to getting killed in increasingly surreal ways and having your decapitated head go on without you, you haven’t got long to wait.

White Owls have been teamed up with Arc System Works on this one, and according to the latter’s official website, The Missing: J.J. Macfield And The Island Of Memories, as its full title goes, will see protagonist J.J. searching for her lost best friend Emily after a camping trip gone wrong. However, despite the trailer’s focus on dying a lot of gruesome deaths in the process, J.J finds that she can actually survive any injury that should otherwise be fatal, which presumably explains how her head finds itself rolling along all alone.

Luckily, this new found power ought to help you in the search for Emily, for example by “hitting your head on a demolition ball to turn gravity upside down, or utilizing your decapitated limbs to your advantage.”

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...Feed:+RockPaperShotgun+(Rock,+Paper,+Shotgun)

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
So extremely bizarre. Could be cool. Strange sense of humor but the gameplay looks intriguing.

PC only right now? I can’t find any word about a possible console port, hopefully it comes sometime.
The trailer indicates a 2018 release on PS4, X1, and Switch as well.

Last edited:

Woffls

Got loads of time for SWERY, but I hope that $30 rrp gets me a story and isn't just Limbo cos I hate those games tbh

Humdinger

Man, I hate that trailer music.

I don't generally like these types of games, but, as the fellow above me said, it's Swery, so what the hell.

Humdinger

Looks interesting. I wish it wasn't a 2-D platformer. I'm not big on that style. But it's Swery, so I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If only they redid Deadly Premonition without bugs. Even the unofficial fix didn't fix every thing.

Looking forward to The Missing.

Top Bottom