• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

To copy a famous movie character and turn it into a popular game series-- By Hideo Kojima

It's probably a topic that has been debated for years, but I only learned about it today and I am greatly disappointed. Everything was inspired by an action movie that Kojima watched when he was 18 years old. As of today, I will no longer expect original work from him...
so you finally took the red pill, eh?...

Impotaku

Not surprising in the least, his army of simps are always there to massage his ego. The only one that sucks his dick harder than his fanboy simps is himself.

OP has never written anything creatively before.

You study previous works to gain your own style.

It's called "Being inspired."

I have never heard Kojima say "I have writer's block"

That's amazing on its own.

Last edited:
Considering Snatcher is just Blade Runner/Terminator/Invasion of the Body Snatchers in one game with Random Hajile looking EXACTLY Sting in Dune.

KPkLnJt.jpeg

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
There should be a minimum age to post on Gaf, OP should wait a few years more before he's allowed to :messenger_relieved:
Very Funny Oops GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

OP has never written anything creatively before.

You study previous works to gain your own style.

It's called "Being inspired."

I have never heard Kojima say "I have writer's block"

That's amazing on its own.
I'm thinking of starting my career with the story of a pirate named Solid Jack.

Hero_Select

The entire plot of Death Stranding and the characters is so cheesy and in your face that I cannot for the life of me understand how people like the game. I accept it, I just going get past the gameplay loop and ridiculous story.

fatmarco

I mean yea, given the context of the videogame industry that sort of behaviour was extremely common, however it should still be held against him given that many consider some kind of auteur above a lot of other great developers who did the same or were far more original.

I will say Death Stranding though is something more original from him, even if it is still largely cringeworthy anime slop.

And I say this as someone who still likes Metal Gear Solid. I just grin and bear those moments where Kojima does embarrassing things.

Top Bottom