• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto GAF Meetup XIII: Conrad's Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
DID YOU GUYS HAVE FUN!? Sorry I didn't make it out! I couldn't justify the cost of driving out to TO just for the evening.. maybe next tim,e?!?! :D

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
krae is a great host, lots of loot for lots of people. Hope everyone, old and new, had a good time.

A few things brought up during the meetup:

ZZT-OOP
Visual Concepts, although less interesting than this game I worked on.. *shudder*..
Arcade bylaws in Toronto

On the bus, but Sober and I had the bonus experience of watching someone vomit on the subway.

Vomit comet, ahoy. At least you avoided someone urinating at a station.. for now..

krae is a great host, lots of loot for lots of people. Hope everyone, old and new, had a good time.

A few things brought up during the meetup:

ZZT-OOP
Visual Concepts, although less interesting than this game I worked on.. *shudder*..
Arcade bylaws in Toronto

Vomit comet, ahoy. At least you avoided someone urinating at a station.. for now..

Holy shit. you made Street Racing Syndicate? Man that's like the most street racing street racing game of its time. I watched a Giant Bomb video and there were so many pictures of models rotating on the menu lol.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Holy shit. you made Street Racing Syndicate? Man that's like the most street racing street racing game of its time. I watched a Giant Bomb video and there were so many pictures of models rotating on the menu lol.

The worst part about working on SRS was they were testing Tales of Symphonia at the same time and I really wanted to be on that project instead. There were some really cool bugs though, like being able to draft off other cars so frequently that you would eventually outpace the game's ability to draw in the track and would be racing on basically nothingness. The "girlfriend videos" basically made everyone feel really uncomfortable all day long.

Considering how many people I've seen pee in public, I'm sure one day I'll see it at a station.

First warm weekend of the year, out walking the dog, down to Bloor for some bubble tea, we see a guy peeing literally five steps north of Bloor (near Bathurst). If he turned the wrong way, he would have peed on one of the dogs. Toronto, please. :(

Also, SpeedRunners is my jam. I'll be gunning for that number one spot.

...and I choked harder than anyone has ever choked in their life. :(

But seriously, that was a great finale, and mad props to Anony for securing that victory. I am not worthy. Thanks to krae for organizing this and handing out some cool prizes.

Madouu

That was so well organized, I was actually impressed. If you're in Toronto and not going to the meetups, definitely missing something cool. Bunch of very friendly people.

Quadratic

Thanks again for the meetup Krae_man. Had a fun time with speed runners.

Winning the box was nice. The E3 stuff inside was a surprise.

I made sure to make it rain with the Pay Day 2 fake money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom