• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Has Finally Condemned Neo-Nazis & KKK Two Days After Neo-Nazi Kills Protester

JCYkCN.gif

Ryzaki009

I can't believe he's stupid enough to publicly admit he only made that statement in an attempt to appease the media not because he believed it.

It's Trump tho. Of course he's dumb enough to do that.

I guess he thought he was gonna get another "he's finally presidential" pass.

gabbo

"I said that shit to shut you up, so Why are you still complaining?!"
He doesn't realize his job doesn't earn him automatic public praise for doing the absolute bare minimum work, especially when it's forced and not sincere.

I wonder how the united right will react to status being taken down by citizens not waiting for governments to move on the issue.

Rubenov

I see this from two viewpoints, one it doesn't matter what Trump said or didn't say. Its gonna fall short for anyone who hates him, He could come out and behead a Nazi on stage and people would say it wasn't slow enough and he gave the Nazi too quick a death. So people were going to be outraged by anything he says anyway.

On the other side of things. I'm guessing the GOP leaders had to drag Trump out in front of a Camera and denounce this shit. Now I don't think Trump is some kind of secret KKK member, I honestly don't. He is all about himself, and anything that takes the news camera off him is something he doesn't want to deal with. He is a business man, and what do business men do, they try to make as many customers as happy as possible, that includes anyone who may vote for him. Having these huge over arching generalizations that should be a condemnation of a specific group, no matter who they be, are just him trying to keep votes for the next election.

The heck is this, Trump is a certified racist if you go through his business dealings and comments and actions.

watershed

Banned
Racism, misogyny, and disdain for poor people are 3 of the few consistent beliefs Trump has had throughout his entire adult life, and all 3 are well documented.

Curufinwe

It should be really easy for Trump to govern like a standard Republican and actually pass legislation and do OK with the general public, but he's incapable of dialing back the extremism, racism and white nationalism at the heart of his campaign and his White House even a little bit.

RPGCrazied

Under Armour‏Verified account @UnderArmour 22m22 minutes ago

I love our country & company. I am stepping down from the council to focus on inspiring & uniting through power of sport. - CEO Kevin Plank

Hope they drop like fucking flies.

Syder

People can moan it took Trump too long to do this but it's actually a success for anti-racism movements. The pressure on him clearly works.

This is a big loss for his racist base.

People can moan it took Trump too long to do this but it's actually a success for anti-racism movements. The pressure on him clearly works.

No it's not. His racist base knows he was forced to do it and didn't mean it.

digdug2k

Too late. The first response on Saturday told me everything I needed to know.
If you needed that much you must have been living in a box for the last 20 years. Republicans are racist mysogonist bigots. They'll happily say this shot to your face while actively working (in front of your face) to encourage it. Even this you can tell trump didn't actually write.

TheContact

It's so obvious he was coached to say this and directly read from the tele promoter. We all know Trump is spontaneous so in the beginning he meant what he said; he wasn't going to condemn racists. His party must have got to him and he SAID he was against the KKK but anyone with half of a brain knows this speech was "peer" pressure from his party to come out with a public denounciaction. He's clearly on the side of the KKK in his own personal beliefs.

When you need 2 days to reach this result, such a mild an inneffective result ...

Can we remove the puppet so we can see who is trully leading america .. We know it's not this ... this .. thing

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Actions speak louder than empty words. Trump accomplished nothing here.

The alt-right is lashing out with further conspiracy theories about the fake news forcing him to make the statement under duress(mindful that Trump also finished his "condemn hate" addendum speech today literally calling out "fake news" to all the people he just made the statement with and taking no questions...). Trump didn't show any emotion, empathy, or moral outrage to quash this madness. He just limped to the podium, said the words, insulted the press he was addressing, and lurched away.

Meanwhile, the rest of America sees right through this charade and isn't vindicated or unified in any way from Trump's statement. Enough is enough and statues are being ripped down while the WH is literally sitting entirely useless and limp to unite under even a lunch plan. Cities and states are publicly announcing that hate-fueled rhetoric and rallies are no longer welcome. Employers are firing members.

So yes, pushback is happening, but Trump gets no credit. The tragedy on Sat. does.

ionitron

I know it can never be said enough about how I can't believe Trump is the current president, but this is the closest I've been to tears of anger and deep sadness upon reading his fucking tweets. I'm so disgusted and done.

UberTag

How the fuck do you become stupid enough admit to 36 million people that you only condemned neo-nazis for the optics?
When you've lived your entire life without having to face any consequences for your actions, you're not exactly motivated to hone your brain into a useful instrument.

Johndoey

Banned

No it's not? He clearly had to be forced into this, this late weak ass condemnation won't do jack shit to or for anyone.

White Supremacists already have it in their heads that he if not supports them at least tolerates them. Trump is their man.

cameron

AP: Bowing to pressure, Trump denounces hate groups by name
WASHINGTON (AP) — Bowing to pressure from right and left, President Donald Trump condemned white supremacist groups by name on Monday, declaring “racism is evil” after two days of public equivocation and internal White House debate over the deadly race-fueled clashes in Charlottesville, Virginia.

In a hastily arranged statement at the White House, Trump branded members of the KKK, neo-Nazis and white supremacists who take part in violence as “criminals and thugs.”

The groups are “repugnant to everything that we hold dear as Americans,” he said.

In his initial remarks on the violence Saturday, Trump did not single out the groups and instead bemoaned violence on “many sides.” Those remarks prompted stern criticism from fellow Republicans as well as Democrats, who urged him to seize the moral authority of his office to condemn hate groups.
Loath to appear to be admitting a mistake, Trump was reluctant to adjust his remarks.

The president had indicated to advisers before his initial statement Saturday that he wanted to stress a need for law and order, which he did. He later expressed anger to those close to him about what he perceived as the media’s unfair assessment of his remarks, believing he had effectively denounced all forms of bigotry, according to outside advisers and White House officials.

Several of Trump’s senior advisers, including new chief of staff John Kelly, had urged him to make a more specific condemnation, warning that the negative story would not go away and that the rising tide of criticism from fellow Republicans on Capitol Hill could endanger his legislative agenda, according to two White House officials.

The outside advisers and officials demanded anonymity to discuss private conversations.

Aides were dispatched to Sunday talk shows but struggled to explain the president’s position. A stronger statement was released — but attributed only to an unnamed spokesperson.

Tougher condemnations began Sunday night with Vice President Mike Pence, traveling in South America, declaring that “these dangerous fringe groups have no place in American public life.”

On Monday, Trump had planned to interrupt his 17-day working vacation at his New Jersey golf club to travel to Washington for an announcement he hoped would showcase some tough talk on China’s trade practices.

But by the time he arrived at midmorning, it was clear all other messages would be drowned out until he said more about Charlottesville.

HotHamBoy

It burns me up knowing Trump will never learn, never understand the truth about how people see him, never see how much of a fuck up he is because he is a forever-victim and is being unfairly mistreated.

No it's not. His racist base knows he was forced to do it and didn't mean it.

But now he's a cuck.

I'm no longer surprised that he actually though saying "fire bad" would get the firemen on his side.

It burns me up knowing Trump will never learn, never understand the truth about how people see him, never see how much of a fuck up he is because he is a forever-victim and is being unfairly mistreated.

Well, he also is mentally unstable. So there's a line I draw of how much I can be mad at him specifically.

I'd honestly go as far to say Trump is bipolar.

Mariolee

When Trump isn't president any more, I wonder how he will be recognized in the traditional places every single president has the honor of being a part of. Like will he get his own shitty museum, his own shitty electronic at the Hall of Presidents at Disney, etc. Or will we simply just skip him?

Top Bottom