• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Try to predict the name of the “Switch 2”

drganon

Double_switch_pc.jpg

Last edited:

JohnnyTropics

Neo Member
Did anyone say Switchii yet?
Pronounced "Switchy", stays on brand with miis, and the ii denotes that it is the second iteration.

From there, they can move to a Playstation or Apple naming convention, with (product)(iteration number)----as "Switch 3" flows nicely from Switch > Switchy > Switch 3.

They own the handheld video gaming sector, to the extent that "bringing the Switch" is synonomous with "gaming on the go" to parents everywhere, with GAS on the horizon. That is branding you simply don't give up as a company in this day and age. We know that their next console is going to be a Switch, and we can now reasonably assume that Nintendo will never release another console that isn't a Switch. Numbered iterations otw.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Switch 2 should be the name.

After the confusion they created with the Wii U branding they surely learned the lesson.

Agreed.

I like the idea of Super Switch, but it's risky considering the nightmare they had with the Wii U.

Switch 2 is crystal clear that this is a new, more powerful Switch console.

Nintendo Switch 2
Nintendo Switch Ultra
Nintendo Switch Advance
Nintendo Switch Ultimate
Nintendo Switch Max
Nintendo Switch Pro
Nintendo Switch Super
Nintendo Switch Extreme

rm082e

I hope they just adopt the PlayStation approach and call it the Switch 2. That's the safe and practical bet.

As a 90's kid, I love the idea of Super Switch using the old SNES fonts and iconography. But surely someone will have warned them the trolls will have a field day with Nazi SS imagery...

Anything other than Switch 2 will be dumb.

Last edited:

Audiophile

The Switch and the Switch
2 Switch 2 Switchious
Switch & Switchy
Fast Switch
The Switch and the Switch: Tokyo Switch
The Fate of the Switch
Switch & Switch Presents: Switch & Switch
Switch 9
Switch X

Top Bottom