• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Undisputed Boxing Release Date, Cover Athletes And Pre-Order Info

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

RavageX

I've been playing this in Early Access on Steam. It is pretty rough....no speed...I don't know how else to describe it. Punches lack "oomph" too. Career mode is not very good either. No training exercises, you just pick what you want to do. Knock down/get up animations are poor, very poor. I do like seeing the mouth piece go flying sometimes, but unless there is a big update coming I can't see it doing that great even though it has virtually no competition.

adamsapple

I've been playing this in Early Access on Steam. It is pretty rough....no speed...I don't know how else to describe it. Punches lack "oomph" too. Career mode is not very good either. No training exercises, you just pick what you want to do. Knock down/get up animations are poor, very poor. I do like seeing the mouth piece go flying sometimes, but unless there is a big update coming I can't see it doing that great even though it has virtually no competition.

Hmm, that doesn't sound promising.

The last good boxing game I remember is Fight Night Champion back on the Xbox 360. Guess we'll still be waiting.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Really? Thats sucks.

I havent followed the game. I jjst remember those early trailers from years ago where it was a big chubby white boxer (dont know his name) and it looked slick in those demos.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
42026D44B7307D0FB901DFD94AEBBC615E0C1959

drotahorror

Been a while since a decent boxing game came out, this looks interesting.

And you're gonna be waiting for a long time.

Undisputed ain't it. It sucks.

I guess they secured 20 million from another publisher recently, probably going towards marketing for console release.

They did say the next big patch which I believe is 1.0 will focus on gameplay. We'll see...

I hate to say it, but a new EA Fight Night would be very welcome even with EA's bullshit.

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Oh no. There goes my interest.

I don't get it, how hard can it be to make a great boxing game?

adamsapple

And you're gonna be waiting for a long time.

Undisputed ain't it. It sucks.

I guess they secured 20 million from another publisher recently, probably going towards marketing for console release.

They did say the next big patch which I believe is 1.0 will focus on gameplay. We'll see...

I hate to say it, but a new EA Fight Night would be very welcome even with EA's bullshit.

sigh, it's been a while since I played Fight Night Champion, might as well reinstall it.

Ribi

The time from now to there is the big update. They've already shown off the new punch and hit animations in their latest roundtable a few days ago. They know the problems and are working on them.

Anyone put off by the impression.. the game is good and plays like a fight night minus the speed atm. But it's early access for a reason rn.

Last edited:

RavageX

The time from now to there is the big update. They've already shown off the new punch and hit animations in their latest roundtable a few days ago. They know the problems and are working on them.

Anyone put off by the impression.. the game is good and plays like a fight night minus the speed atm. But it's early access for a reason rn.
You are right, there are working on the known problems, but my sixth sense or spidey sense has been alerted to this game. I am always hopeful, but it would have to be a HUGE update to fix a majority of the issues.

The comparison to Fight Night is a pretty strong one, I can't agree with that even if speed wasn't an issue.

Hopefully they have been putting in STRONG work behind the scenes, and I hope this gives us boxing fans what we want, I just wouldn't want anyone going in overly optimistic yet.

To compare early access, I was in Baldur's Gate 3 early access and had no worries on the final product. Not so much this game.
But I HOPE I am wrong, I really do.

Top Bottom