• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where's the sequel to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon?

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's been over a year since FC4 came out, but no word on a Blood Dragon sequel. Why is this? Doesn't Ubisoft know that the world begs to see more adventures of Sgt. Rex 'Power' Colt?

RP912

Banned
The devs said they are not making another one...which hurts my soul since it was my GOTY for 2013 :( :(

Didn't Ubisoft do some sort of survey though not to long ago about the theme of FC4's spinoff?

Like they asked if people wanted it to be a western, space, crazy stuff like Blood Dragon, etc.

Faenix1

Fine, we'll just have to boycott FC until we get a full fledged Blood Dragon title.

..yeah like that would work. lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It really doesn't need one. Not everything needs a sequel.

Also it was pretty awful

h#shdem0n

Blood Dragon was great, for a reskin. I played it right after beating FC3, so even though the mechanics had definitely gotten stale, I was still enjoying the setting and tone enough to play it. I have to admit though, I love that retro-future, '80s cheese atmosphere.

I'd love a fleshed out, $60 Blood Dragon-esque game.

Nothing in the Far Cry franchise has remotely interested me before or after Blood Dragon. That's an awesome game, though. I would hold out hope for a return to that.

Courage

The aesthetic and nostalgia dragged on in the first game, so a sequel would have zero of its initial charm.

dex3108

Dean Evans (Creative Director for Blood Dragon) got green light last month for his new project so i guess on next E3 we could see what is he cooking.

The aesthetic and nostalgia dragged on in the first game, so a sequel would have zero of its initial charm.

agreed. the game was great for about 6 hours and then very rapidly lost it's charm. i'd rather see them do a sequel but with early 90s tropes instead.

Bumping this thread because I'm not sure if it's concerning a true sequel to Blood Dragon or that weird Trials x Blood Dragon thing that was registered a month ago:

b1a3e636997549f3be44750a84588bd2.png

Michael Biehn is the voice of Rew Power Colt. I hope this is for Blood Dragon 2, even if Trials of the Blood Dragon sounds cool too.

Oh that's a nice bump.

Please just put more out in the field this time. I want cyber raptors, hordes of radioactive chuds, terminator cyborg skeletons etc, maybe some kind of Akira-esque bike to ride.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bumping this thread because I'm not sure if it's concerning a true sequel to Blood Dragon or that weird Trials x Blood Dragon thing that was registered a month ago:

b1a3e636997549f3be44750a84588bd2.png

Michael Biehn is the voice of Rew Power Colt. I hope this is for Blood Dragon 2, even if Trials of the Blood Dragon sounds cool too.

I'd guess another Blood Dragon. There's a nod to it in Primal and the original has sold over 1m on Steam alone (all copies sold outside of Steam register on Uplay directly, to say nothing of the PS360 versions). I doubt Trials of the Blood Dragon is the last we'll see of the sub-series.

Falchion

I loved Far Cry 3 and I got this but never made it past the tutorial for whatever reason. I need to go back and play it, because it looked awesome.

Indelible

I loved the game but I don't really see the need for a sequel, It was a completely satisfying stand alone game.

LeleSocho

Banned
I would almost be willing to install that crap that is uPlay on my computer if we had a full fledged Blood Dragon game.

Top Bottom