• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which do you think will be released first? FF7:HD Remake or The Winds of Winter?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
One is a HD Remake of a beloved game from a developer publisher that can't keep to release schedule estimates. We already saw apparent gameplay footage, but it seems the game might need more time in the oven than Square-Enix was confidant about.

The other is a book in the much beloved A Song of Ice and Fire series. Sequel to the 2011 lukewarm and oft delayed Dance with Dragons, fans have been waiting for The Winds of Winter for eons. For the last several years George has released chapters from the book for readers to get a sneak peak into the tome, but release date speculation seems to push it further and further back every year. Will conventions, GoT publicity tours, and the NFL get the better of George?

Which do you think will release first? Hedge your bets, and in a few years we can look back at who was right. Kudos to the people that can guess the years each releases right too.

I legit think if Winds of Winter isn't done by the time the TV series is over Martin will just walk away from it, so FF7 Remake.

Jigorath

Banned
FFVII Remake will probably come out eventually even if it'll take forever.

I'm not so sure about Winds of Winter.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Final Fantasy VII: HD Episode 1 in 2019

Winds of Winter is more on a "When's the next mainline Final Fantasy coming out?" timeline.

Kuraudo

Banned
I don't think Winds of Winter is ever coming out at this point.

Jesus, George. Jesus Christ.

I don't think the entirety of FFVII remake will come out either. They've already run into problems with part one. Who knows where the industry or SE will be when it comes to parts three or four.

TheXbox

Good thread. I think The Winds of Winter will release late 2018 and FFVIIR Episode 1 will release Q1 2019.

Source: my ass. But I have the fullest confidence that HBO will finish all eight seasons of Game of Thrones before George has written one book - only then can TWOW be released.

FFVIIR Episode 1 is just going to snowball into a 40 hour game and Square will treat it like any other mainline title. Q1 2019 is actually a generous estimate.

Good thread. I think The Winds of Winter will release late 2018 and FFVIIR Episode 1 will release Q1 2019.

Source: my ass. But I have the fullest confidence that HBO will finish all eight seasons of Game of Thrones before George has written one book - only then can TWOW be released.

FFVIIR Episode 1 is just going to snowball into a 40 hour game and Square will treat it like any other mainline title. Q1 2019 is actually a generous estimate.

I have to agree. At this point Martin is waiting for HBO to finish his novel.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Haha, I originally had this bet with a friend of mine between Last Guardian and Winds of Winter. I won that bet.

Eidan

The first installment of the FFVII remake will release before Winds of Winter. Bank on it. Martin is done.

Winds of winter is never going to release. Kh3 wins even if it's 2021. I at least have faith that SE cares about releasing it.

Eidan

During Barack Obama's 8 years in office, Martin was only able to release 1 book.

Assuming Trump finishes a full term, what are the chances Martin releases 1 book? Half a book?

Tamanator

Winds of Winter is like the Thief and the Cobbler, it'll take three decades and ultimately be completed by someone other than Martin, as directed by his estate and publisher.

Top Bottom