• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White lie?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Since we have been having all of these "admit" threads going around... I just wanted to ask y'all if you have ever "lied" about beating a game? You know maybe you got to the last boss or really far in the game and figured "yeah I beat it"... or anything else like that..

I lied about FFVIII Never beat it... made it to te final boss... but didn't level up enough.. got fed up and stopped playing it...

neptunes

I still haven't finished Zelda :OoT though I never claimed I did and I never bashed the game.

I'm actually quite far, it's just that I'm lazy :)

boo7z

I've lied about beating Dracula in Castlevania 1. Hell, I had such a hard time beating Grim Reaper that was enough...only was able to do that by using booming with triple powerup.

belgurdo

Banned
Blackace said:
Since we have been having all of these "admit" threads going around... I just wanted to ask y'all if you have ever "lied" about beating a game? You know maybe you got to the last boss or really far in the game and figured "yeah I beat it"... or anything else like that..

I lied about FFVIII Never beat it... made it to te final boss... but didn't level up enough.. got fed up and stopped playing it...

Levelling up is part of the problem. Get thee Card Mod!

Mason

Oh God, I feel horrible admitting this. I got to the final boss in Half-Life and never bothered beating it.

*braces for impact*

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Gattsu25 said:
um...Leveling up in FF8 isn't needed :b

That's what I thought, until I got owned by the last boss... just got tired and quit..

Ranger X

[off topic]

This is something i don't really like. Especially in Xenogears. The game is not emphasiing enough on making you use all your characters and/or Gears. So at some point i'm always OBLIGATED to level up (and i mean far more than reasonably) to continue through the game. I also lost a Xenogear game because i was stuck in a dungeon with bad level Gears and couldn't go out to level it up so i was screwed.
Sometimes RPG games are very poorly balanced...

[/off topic]

DCX

DCX
Lied about beating a game? No, although i'm sure some have lied about how good they are in a particualr game especially with stats, times etc.

DCX

GDGF

Soothsayer
I wasn't always a Gameboy fan. During the 80's I headed a one man campaign to push the Tiger handheld line in the forfront of gamer's perception. Don't tell Reggie.

I lied about Resident Evil 1 on PSX, reached the very end but never beat it. I just feel stupid admitting not beating my favorite RE :p

Top Bottom