• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WitchSpring R coming to PS5 and Xbox One, ‘Hard Mode’ and ‘New Game Plus’ update for PC launches in February

GE987SVbsAA4sAP

WitchSpring R will launch for PlayStation 5 and Xbox One in addition to its previously announced Switch version, developer KIWI WALKS told Gematsu. Release dates for the console versions are not yet fixed, but a physical edition is planned.

The company also announced that it has ended its publishing contract with Pixmain by mutual agreement, and will self-publish WitchSpring R going forward.

WitchSpring R first launched for PC via Steam on September 26. The PC version will be updated with “New Game Plus” alongside “Hard” and “Very Hard” difficulty levels via a free update in February.

Get the latest details below.

1. Hard Mode Update

In the upcoming update, two new difficulty levels will be added:
  • “Hard” and “Very Hard” difficulty levels.
  • Balancing adjustments to some player skills at difficulty levels beyond Hard.
  • Some monster skills/patterns will be added or modified.
2. New Game Plus Update

In the next update, the “New Game Plus” feature will be added, allowing players who have completed the game to inherit their save file and start from chapter 1.

• Skip the early tutorial and start the game from the middle of chapter 1.
  • A few monsters will only appear in New Game Plus mode.
  • New equipment will only appear in New Game Plus mode.
3. New Features Update

In the next update, some features will be implemented:
  • Story Enjoyment Feature – An option to automatically advance dialogue after voice playback ends.
  • Crafting Mastery – Crafting recovery potions/combat tools three times or more will yield double the items in subsequent crafting.
4. Publisher Change

As some of you may have noticed, we have recently ended our collaboration with the publisher and have decided to independently service the game.

Due to this change, there will be adjustments to the overall development schedule as several complex tasks need to be addressed.

5. Post-Ending Content Schedule Change

Due to the termination of the publishing contract, all schedules involving external collaboration, such as voice recording, will be reassessed. Details will be announced once finalized.

6. Console Porting
  • In addition to the previously announced Nintendo Switch port, we are preparing to port the game to other console platforms.
  • A physical package (limited edition and art book!) is also in the works.
7. MOFUN Collaboration Merch Reservation Period Extension
  • Due to popular demand, the reservation period for collaboration products has been extended until February 12!
  • For detailed purchase information, please refer to the previous announcements.
8. Season FanArt Contest Winners Announcement
  • A sincere thank you to everyone who participated in the 2023 Season Fan Art Contest!
  • We will announce the winners of the fan art contest and the giveaway event on January 31, so stay tuned for the results!

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
This reminds me I still have to actually play Witch Spring 3 Refine I got on Switch last year. Game looks like fun but I just haven't gotten around to it. Anyways, more physical releases are always welcome.

I considered picking this up on Steam at some point, but if its getting a physical release on consoles I'll get it there

Top Bottom