• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yooka-Laylee to Support Play Anywhere Xbox/Win10

Gowans

Yooka-Laylee is an all-new open-world platformer from genre veterans Playtonic. Explore huge, beautiful worlds, meet (and beat) an unforgettable cast of characters and horde a vault-load of collectibles as buddy-duo Yooka (the green one) and Laylee (the bat) embark on an epic adventure to thwart corporate creep Capital B! Yooka-Laylee will soon support Xbox Play Anywhere, meaning one purchase gets you this great game on both Xbox One and Windows 10 when available.

Source: http://news.xbox.com/2017/04/08/next-week-on-xbox-april-10-16/

Edit: No it won't :(

jesu

Cool, I might try running it on my PC.
Will probably properly look like a game from the 90's then.

Gowans

I was buying on Xbox anyway, but it's a great bonus for me as I can play in my office and it wishfully thinking all Play Anywhere games will get a easy unlock for 4K for Scorpio.

Vash63

Makes sense, it supports Steam Play on PC also. I can play it on my main Linux system, my Mac and my Windows secondary partition with the same license.

Wait, so a game can be made play anywhere even after being launched?

Hope they update the games that are on both but aren't play anywhere.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait, so a game can be made play anywhere even after being launched?

Hope they update the games that are on both but aren't play anywhere.

I wouldn't hold your breath. That's up to their respective publishers, not Microsoft.

Shiggy

Makes sense, it supports Steam Play on PC also. I can play it on my main Linux system, my Mac and my Windows secondary partition with the same license.

Don't you always get those versions (when available) for free when buying a PC game? On GOG and Humble that's the case.

Dunkley

Yeah prolly gonna get Yooka Laylee that way. I mean I love Steam but being able to play this on the Xbox One too with no extra fee is huge.

styl3s

They ain't even supporting the PS4 Pro....(how did they get around Sony's mandate?)

I'm not surprised play-anywhere isn't included.
As i understand it that was just a "leaked" imagine and was never put out in a FAQ/Press release. Their official FAQ says
Following PS4 Pro's launch on November 10 in North America, virtually all new PS4 game releases moving forward will be able to take advantage of PS4 Pro capabilities on day one, or in some cases shortly after launch via a downloadable update.

There's no way you can force devs to make everything take advantage because that money and time a lot of developers don't have or want to invest in like indie devs or kickstarted games.

Top Bottom