• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV leaks happening for today's event (ads, videos, demo on March 31)

I've been down on this game ever since Duscae, but my interest is slowly rising again. I hope they can capture my attention again tomorrow.

AdanVC

A demo?? Fuuuuck! It's in moments like this where I hate to be a Wii U owner only *throws Wii U to the window!*

At least the release date or some other major announcements haven't been spoiled.

georly

A demo?? Fuuuuck! It's in moments like this where I hate to be a Wii U owner only *throws Wii U to the window!*

At least the release date or some other major announcements haven't been spoiled.

Here's hoping XV comes to NX w/ amiibo support :p

Edit:

The part with the books reminded me of Mr Mosquito or No one can stop mr domino

NoOneCanStopMrDomino_PSX_level201.png

NeoGAF is getting name dropped over these leaks lol

"NeoGAF has been having issues keeping the event's spoiler details from spiraling out of control as well. A mod who goes by the name Falk, has been deleting spoiler threads and posts. While this isn't necessarily eye opening on the surface, it should be noted that Falk allegedly used to work with Square Enix which is leading to speculation among those in the forum regarding the authenticity of the leaks."

http://www.gamezone.com/news/details-from-final-fantasy-xv-uncovered-event-leaks-3435420

We're out of control!!!

Whompa02

Honestly I hope there isn't any combat lol. Not everything has to be about killing monsters...it's a trapping of old and modern rpgs. Don't understand the need to have combat to be fun.

edit:

"NeoGAF has been having issues keeping the event's spoiler details from spiraling out of control as well. A mod who goes by the name Falk, has been deleting spoiler threads and posts. While this isn't necessarily eye opening on the surface, it should be noted that Falk allegedly used to work with Square Enix which is leading to speculation among those in the forum regarding the authenticity of the leaks."

http://www.gamezone.com/news/details-from-final-fantasy-xv-uncovered-event-leaks-3435420

We're out of control!!!

and the award for most useless article ever goes to...

Soriku

Insomnia looks like it'll be featured in the demo. I hope we can explore a decent slice of it, and not just see it in cutscenes :x

I have high hopes for the towns so I'm dying to see it.

Arkeband

Banned

We're out of control!!!

NeoGAF users confirmed to know how to Google, shut it all down!

#TeamFake, those gameplay videos were 3D printed!!1

catbrush

I'm so ready for this. A substantial story-related demo is the perfect way to pump up pre-orders, quench fan thirst, and whet appetite for the full game.

Noct had a hard life. ;_;

georly

woah wait, people are doubting the authenticity of the leaks? Like someone just fabricated that demo trailer? Please.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

We're out of control!!!
Ugh why.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

We're out of control!!!

I haven't talked to Falk today but I'm pretty sure his angle was more about separating spoilers from spoiler-free event discussion. Which is why we have this thread to talk about it. Or It's A Conspiracy Where We're Secretly Owned By Big Square Enix!!!!!!

Falk

that puzzling face

We're out of control!!!

Hah, thanks twitter!

Again, the context is, I get a bunch of folks telling me they don't want to be spoiled, so we remove untagged spoilers and links with my personal discretion that since this is a few hours before the event itself. As I posted in the thread, we're not naive to think that leaks and what are going to magically go away by ignoring it, but by removing direct references in that one particular thread, I was hoping to help out people whose first exposure to the situation when they wake up to be aware of it without getting spoiled. If they want to go peruse the leaks after, that's honestly up to them. And really, the situation right now is that the entire internet is basically a minefield so the best practice for people who want to go unspoiled is to just bail the internet completely for today.

Then conferring with a couple other mods, (Nirolak etc) later decide to just fall back to the default GAF policy regarding leaks, with a dedicated leak discussion thread and a topic change for threads not directly related to the leak (e.g. the Amano thread) as a giant flashing neon warning sign about leaks.

As to whether I work with Square Enix or not, that's never really been a secret. I don't know why they're making it sound like some kind of mysterious thing and/or validation over the leaks. edit: Actually, come to think of it, I don't know if I should feel insulted over the subtle insinuation that I have something to do with the leaks, heh.

GAF stuff and career stuff are obviously two completely separate things. Easy for people who don't know the context to draw their own conclusions. That's all I'll say about it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I haven't talked to Falk today but I'm pretty sure his angle was more about separating spoilers from spoiler-free event discussion. Which is why we have this thread to talk about it. Or It's A Conspiracy Where We're Secretly Owned By Big Square Enix!!!!!!

Yes, there were people complaining about being spoiled so we attempted to make some minor adjustments to how we handled the leaks for them.

This thread was created shortly after since spoiler tagging everything was proving impractical and also slowing the flow of information for those who wanted it.

Antifaith

Neo Member
The day is finally here!! I can't wait for the live stream tonight and will probably stay off the net to avoid being spoiled.

Tiops

Excited to try the demo out, as I didn't have the chance to play Duscae.

And treating a date as a spoiler is something really new to me lmao. Come on, guys.

EDIT: The OT for the game should be: "Final Fantasy XV
|OT|
"

convo

What feelings should i have for this? i kinda forgot this announcement was comming.
I am kinda excited for driving a car through fantasy land but what else should i be excited about?

We're out of control!!!
Which alleged GAF member made this article? :p

Hah, thanks twitter!

Again, the context is, I get a bunch of folks telling me they don't want to be spoiled, so we remove untagged spoilers and links with my personal discretion that since this is a few hours before the event itself. As I posted in the thread, we're not naive to think that leaks and what are going to magically go away by ignoring it, but by removing direct references in that one particular thread, I was hoping to help out people whose first exposure to the situation when they wake up to be aware of it without getting spoiled. If they want to go peruse the leaks after, that's honestly up to them. And really, the situation right now is that the entire internet is basically a minefield so the best practice for people who want to go unspoiled is to just bail the internet completely for today.

Then conferring with a couple other mods, (Nirolak etc) later decide to just fall back to the default GAF policy regarding leaks, with a dedicated leak discussion thread and a topic change for threads not directly related to the leak (e.g. the Amano thread) as a giant flashing neon warning sign about leaks.

As to whether I work with Square Enix or not, that's never really been a secret. I don't know why they're making it sound like some kind of mysterious thing and/or validation over the leaks. edit: Actually, come to think of it, I don't know if I should feel insulted over the subtle insinuation that I have something to do with the leaks, heh.

GAF stuff and career stuff are obviously two completely separate things. Easy for people who don't know the context to draw their own conclusions. That's all I'll say about it.

They should make an addendum to their dumb article with a reference to this post. Poor Falk, allegedly of Square Enix.

antitrop

We're out of control!!!

lmao

Owensboro

I don't believe it. I see we're (maybe) getting a demo tomorrow and I'm......excited? The hell is this feeling. I swore the series off after the first 15 hours of FF13, assuming I was just done with playing JRPGs all together, and then loving Xenoblade. Goddamn it.....please be good.

Top Bottom