• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NA] Sept PS+ Update (ICO, Rayman Origins, Galaga Legions, RE Chronicles, GTA:LCS)

BigDug13

Damn, already bought Origins for Vita, but it was only a few bucks so that's cool. Finally a replacement for my LCS UMD. Ico already have. Resident Evil looks like a nice game to have.

And who doesn't love Galaga. Never played this version so nice!

androvsky

Wow, one of the worst months in a while for me. It'd be great if I wasn't sure that they'd put out Rayman Origins for free before Legends came out, and if they had it on sale they wouldn't make it a free game for a while. Between the two I figured it'd be safe to pick up Rayman Origins on the sale, and naturally I bought the Vita version. :( At least it was pretty cheap and I got the rest of the series dirt cheap too.

Looks like Galaga Legions is the only free game I'll even bother redeeming this month (unless I feel like I have to have a digital version of ICO for some reason).

At first I was lamenting spending $5 on Rayman Origins just last week, but I see this is the Vita version. Good enticement for Rayman Legends (which apparently has a bunch of Origins' levels in it).

I'm actually really interested in Galaga Legions DX, too.

I don't know if my PS2 copy of Liberty City Stories works, so nice to be able to play it again since I didn't finish it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm confused...does everyone who's excited about RE Chronicles HD have a Move? I would hope so, since lightgun games with a controller are...not so great.

Goody

Here's a question. Do the saves created by digital versions carry over to retail releases? ICO and Rayman are two games I plan on getting but could get a headstart on them digitally.
EDIT: Just ICO, don't have a Vita yet

khaaan

Pretty good update, the big one for me is Rayman on the Vita. Might check out Galaga, not super interested in GTA, already own Ico, and will have to look into whether or not Move is necessary for RE.

Aru

Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (PS3) --> That's okay I guess, but I'm not a big fan of arcade lightgun games.
ICO (PS3) --> Didn't like it on PS2, but I didn't play for a long enough time to say if I hate it or not.
GTA: Liberty City Stories (PSP, PS Vita) --> I hate GTA.
Rayman Origins (PS Vita) --> Already beaten
Galaga Legions DX (PS3) --> Okay but I don't have time for this.

Well, let's wait for October now.

Birbo

Of course, just bought Rayman, but it was so cheap I'm only slightly salty. Wish Galaga was on the Vita; would make a great handheld game.

Is the performance of GTA better on the Vita (right thumbstick & framerate)? Playing it on a PSP was kind of rough.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
Wish it was Original for PS3 too, bummer. I am not sure about this month since I want only want ICO but was going to get the SOTC collection.

Was hoping we would get the 15 month deal for 12, since I need to resubscribe in 2 weeks. Must only be for EU folks. Now that I know I don't need anything in this update, I might let it lapse until another deal comes up for a sub. I have only been a member for a month anyway.

Tizoc

Are those RE Chronicles games fun without the Move?

Yup, me and my brother played them with the PS3 Controller.
It's like an 'on-rails' game ala House of the Dead, but with some unlockable stuff and the like.
You can upgrade weapons too, but this being a Capcom game, you need to do good in stages to get lots of Upgrade points to strengthen the weapons.

Krakn3Dfx

Value-Added.jpg

Resident Evil: Chronicles HD Collection has been on my "to play" list for a while. I've played or already own the other games, but it'll be nice to have digital copies of them. Great selection!

jvm

Gamasutra.
Galaga was a huge disappointment for me. I think I bought it day-one. :|

I mean, it's no Frogger Returns, that's for sure.

You're welcome, guys.

Almost every game I buy for Vita has become part of IGC shortly thereafter: Uncharted, Wipeout, VLR, and now Rayman, Which I just bought the other week on sale. I think I'm batting .500 now. The good news is I also picked up Soul Sacrifice so expect that soon, the way my luck goes.

ss_lemonade

Pre-ordered Legends on steam and got Origins for free. Is the Vita version pretty much a perfect conversion in terms of performance (I know image quality is nuts after playing the demo)? If so, I'll just play this on the vita then since I haven't started the PC version yet.

satori

I say god damn....Thank god for that Target fuck up a few years back. I still have PS+ for the next 8 years lol.

Aru

Wish it was Original for PS3 too, bummer. I am not sure about this month since I want only want ICO but was going to get the SOTC collection.

Was hoping we would get the 15 month deal for 12, since I need to resubscribe in 2 weeks. Must only be for EU folks. Now that I know I don't need anything in this update, I might let it lapse until another deal comes up for a sub. I have only been a member for a month anyway.

US already got a 15 for 12 deal earlier this year, just before the 10$ cashback offer ended. I think they did this once a year since PS+ launched.

Drago

Rayman Origins Vita, FUCK!! I bought that on sale only because I thought it meant it wouldn't be free!! D:

Good month otherwise...

JeTmAn81

Rayman Origins Vita, FUCK!! I bought that on sale only because I thought it meant it wouldn't be free!! D:

Good month otherwise...

You should pay attention to releases in other regions, my friend! I knew Origins had already been on Plus elsewhere, so it was likely to come to NA Plus at some point. I'm betting the same thing with the MGS HD Collection on Vita. Also, Hotline Miami will come to Plus eventually.

Carlisle

Holy crap. I've come so close to buying 4 of those on various recent occasions.

I've got both Chronicles games on Wii, but once I got a Move I decided I'd wait for a sale and then bite on the PS versions. DONE

I got SotC on Plus sale a while back, and have been waiting for a good ICO sale to complete the collection. DONE

Rayman Origins, I've been tempted sale after sale after sale, but never got around to biting. DONE.

I've got the UMD LCS and I've been wanting it on Vita with dual stick controls. But I haven't been able to justify since I've already got the UMD and wasn't playing it much. DONE.

AMAAAAZING UPDATE! (for me, anyway)

BigDug13

Oh, Chronicles is a light gun game? Sorry, I saw Resident Evil, HD, and collection in the same sentence as the word "chronicles" which sometimes refers to a recorded story and I got excited and thought it was some sort of RE HD collection.

Magwik

Banned
I was planning on letting my PS+ sub lapse for a while since it ends in September but I guess I have to renew it now.

Chronicles seems like a good reason for one to dust off their Move controller. Too bad I don't have one... Anybody that has this already, how does it handle with just a regular DS3? On-rail shooters like that aren't my favorite but I'm willing to give it a whirl for the RE lore alone..

Never played GT:LCS and stoked to grab Origins to add it to my growing library of Vita games.... for when I actually decide to get one.

All in all a great looking month. I imagine September & October for all regions will be pretty amazing prior to November's launch of the PS4 as a way to underscore just what a ridiculously great value PS+ is in order to blunt the criticism from some re: putting MP behind the PS+ paywall.

Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (PS3)
ICO (PS3)
GTA: Liberty City Stories (PSP, PS Vita)
Rayman Origins (PS Vita)
Galaga Legions DX (PS3)

In order:

YES!!
Don't care. Have it in disc form.
Don't care for PSP games except from Patapon and FF Tatitcs.
YES!!!
Yes?... Maybe... I don't know. Is this good?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What games were retired? aka They are no longer on PS+.

I'm waiting for a good time to register my PS+ card. I might do that today I guess.

androvsky

You should pay attention to releases in other regions, my friend! I knew Origins had already been on Plus elsewhere, so it was likely to come to NA Plus at some point. I'm betting the same thing with the MGS HD Collection on Vita. Also, Hotline Miami will come to Plus eventually.

I've been expecting Rayman Origins to be free for forever, but it seemed like the sale this month was as close as it was going to get as I was sure it'd be free before Legends came out. They're undermining the power of their sales if there's still a chance the games will be free a few weeks later.

Only good game this time is Ico. I already have RE, galaga was gotten years ago on 360 through the namco compilation, and I have no sony portable.

Top Bottom