• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HORIZON CHASE IS COMING TO CONSOLE! :O YES!

HUELEN10

Hype!

1UzAipI.jpg
Welp, time to inbox and plug in my PS4 again!

https://mobile.twitter.com/AquirisGS/status/650046107247071232

Chin35char

I literally just bought this last night on iOS. I usually buy 99 cent games then can never get into them because I don't really like controls on mobile, but this game is an exception. It's so good!

Pif

Banned
This is one of those sweet indies that would make a hell of a Dreamcast port.

I'd love that even without having a DC.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Funny that of all the next gen driving games to release this gen, this will most likely be the only one I get.

Looks awesome and given that 90's Arcade Racer for WiiU looks MIA, this will be my racer this gen.

Bloodrage

Banned
Will buy again.

Some screens I took just now on from my 6S Plus:

img_1754czqe5.png

img_1757lkouw.png

img_17586zop2.png

Looks much better than that in motion too. Smoothest game I've played on iOS. Seems locked at 60fps at all times.

Expect the same on consoles.

CHC

This looks pretty sweet, I'll be happy to try it out on my monitor instead of my tiny ass phone.

Wonder about the price. I'd happily pay like 10 bucks but seeing as it 99 cents on the app store, well.... who knows?

OmegaDL50

Will buy again.

Some screens I took just now on from my 6S Plus:

img_1754czqe5.png

I recognize a couple of these cars.

Audi R8, Camaro, Mustang, Lamborghini Gallardo, an Aston Martin, and the obvious DeLorean.

I'll assume this game has licensed cars, or these are inspired fakes that look extremely close to real life variants.

HUELEN10

Judging by the OP's enthusiasm, I take it that this is a good game? Is it available on Android?
It's not a good game, it's a GREAT game. it is currently an iOS exclusive.

Seriously, I just need the year to end to make it official, but this is my GOTY.

HUELEN10

This looks pretty sweet, I'll be happy to try it out on my monitor instead of my tiny ass phone.

Wonder about the price. I'd happily pay like 10 bucks but seeing as it 99 cents on the app store, well.... who knows?
It's usually 3 USD, but on sale now.

This is a game I wouldn't hesitate to pay up to 15 4. This game might as well be called OutRun 3: The Chase

Yes, it does deserve a complement that high.

But don't take my word for it... I am so hyped, I might do a second Horizon Chase giveaway tonight.

low-G

Yeah, I heard a while ago it was coming to PC & console(s?)... I'm holding out for some non-mobile version so I can play this game on a big vivid screen of some sort.

Dizzy-4U

Question for those who played it: Is there any track that has the blocky road pattern like in Lotus? Always loved how it felt in motion.

Like this:

vO1JaNZ.png

PS4 is getting a shit-tonne of retro styled racing games I'm interested in. Distance (sort of); Drift Stage; Power Drive 2000 and now this.

Ezalc

I believe they said this game was coming to steam as well eventually. It looks really good, and really reminds me of Top Gear for the SNES. Which is no surprise since the team admitted that they are inspired by it since the game was huge here in Brazil and the team who made this game is from here as well.

Vitacat

Hmm, I have this on my iPad. It's great.

But personally, I wouldn't want this on PS4. It seems at home on mobile to me.

So I guess this is a no brainer at 99c on ios right? Picked up Legend of Grimrock on the sale and have been eyeing this one too.

Bloodrage

Banned
I'll assume this game has licensed cars, or these are inspired fakes that look extremely close to real life variants.
They're based on real cars, yes, but use different names.

So I guess this is a no brainer at 99c on ios right? Picked up Legend of Grimrock on the sale and have been eyeing this one too.
I felt like I stole something when I paid full price for it ($2.99 or $3.99). Yes, it's a no brainer. Best racing game on iOS.

RM8

Lol, absolutely. Superb game, lots of content, looks great, sounds great, it gets quite challenging, and it has zero IAPs. This is what mobile gaming should be. Totally recommended for fans of Out Run / Top Gear / Super Hang-On / etc.

Top Bottom