• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR Automata GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE + 60fps confirmed

This is fresh from the Square Enix event at PGW.

Update, official trailer @60fps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARHVKZ5K1b0

Gamersyde:
http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_nier_automata_pgw_trailer-36087_en.html

And yes, they confirmed it will run at 60fps during the conference.

What is Nier: Automata?
The original Nier is a very unique action RPG that struck a chord with many passionate gamers when it came out five years ago. The story revolves around the main protagonist Nier as he searches for a cure for his daughter who is infected with the Black Scrawl virus, a seemingly incurable disease.
To this day, gamers around the world still talk about Nier fondly and the soundtrack and design book are still selling so there’s clearly something special about it. If you haven’t played the original Nier, do try and track down a copy because it has one of the most memorable and emotional casts, stories, and music in recent memory.

Nier: Automata is the next game in the Nier franchise and it’s a collaboration between Square Enix and PlatinumGames. You probably recognize PlatinumGames’ distinct action style in the gameplay trailer but if you look closely, you’ll be able to spot gameplay elements from the original Nier as well. It’s still an action RPG so don’t worry if you want more RPG mechanics in the game, they’re still there!

Screenshots, courtesy of Raven777:

5632283A390FC20021

Warxard

Banned
It is an Action RPG...I know some people will be upset about the framerate decision.

But the game looks good. Interested!

-MD-

It already looks way better than the first one.

I didn't think I would be but I'm actually excited for this now.

Yup, that looked like a PG game alright. I'm excited, never played the first one and I am not that big on RPGs but because it's Platinum Imma have to buy it like all their other games.

Fbh

giphy.gif

Looks amazing.
I keep hearing it again and again and I still can't belive we are getting a Nier Sequel by Platinum

I have no idea why this is a project that exists but I'm glad for the fans. I'll prolly support it if it gets good reviews.

I guess NieR port for PS4/PC is not going to happen.

Top Bottom