• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An Alien In Star Wars: The Force Awakens Shouted "Kojima"

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The official Star Wars website published a list of the many voice actors who contributed lines to the movie today, from stormstroopers to resistance pilots.

hmjojzm3ssa8usx7dbcp.png

http://kotaku.com/an-alien-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens-shouted-kojima-1755239179

ptx6zqeomdzegq1j0t4m.jpg

CZIO0d5UAAE6zqH.jpg:large

Taker34

Banned
It's not like there aren't already a ton of easter eggs in the movie (like the logo of the 501st appearing). Really neat.

I know people will make drive by posts making fun of op, but I really do think this is a reference to kojima and a hint of what his next game might be.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I had heard about this a while back, and when is saw it again in 35mm it was clear as day if you knew that's what he was saying. Kind of slow and three syllably: KO-JI-MA

deadfolk

I also noticed (vague to keep it spoiler-free) one character says something in an alien language, where the word for droid might be 'gundam'. Obviously, I can't be sure because of the word order, but I think it's probably deliberate.

Is the clip on YouTube or anywhere to listen for it? :3

I believe, if you've seen the movie, it comes near the very beginning, shortly after he goes off on his own. This isn't really spoilery in the slightest, but just on the off chance someone really wanted to be surprised by where "Kojima" might show up (and I don't think it was shouted, as per the OP's title)

After Poe's X-wing is destroyed by the First Order, and BB-8 sees the explosion from a distance, he makes some sad noises, and continues rolling along. A little flat-headed alien thing slowly pops up from behind a small dune, and says "koh-jeeee-maaaa" as it turns to look at him

I think that's where you should keep an ear out.

Top Bottom