• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XV - German/French dubs announced, Lat.Am Spanish/BrazilPortuguese text

OMG

https://youtu.be/0gZhRXD86rU

Full localization confirmed for Germany and France (text and voice) and text localization confirmed for Brazil and the rest of Latin America. (So, brazilian portuguese and Latin Spanish.)

Localization confirmed for Russia too! Text only, the same as Latin America.

Latin spanish is also confirmed according to Tabata in this vídeo. Don't know why Square didn't include this in the video's title.

Allaur

Yeah. There is an announcement for russian localization too. It'll be second translated jrpg here. First one was Tales of Zestiria and translation was bad. But I think it'll be ok in case of FF15. I still be playin on English)

I just shot myself in the foot.

Ue90yn7.gif

Oh, that's right, Zestiria was translated too. Bandai Namco is pretty big around here nowadays. The last Saint Seiya and Naruto games even had a Brazilian dub.

So, this is the first FF but not the first JRPG. In any case, great news. My 10 year old self would be even happier about this.

Syntsui

This is great news, I won't particularly play it in portuguese, but a lot of people will benefit with this option.

Latin spanish is also confirmed according to Tabata in this vídeo. Don't know why Square didn't include this in the video's title.

Really? That's a first too for a FF title isnt it? FFXIII got here translated but I'm pretty sure it was Spain Spanish but I cant confirm.

Text-only or voice acting also?

If it's the latter: holy shit! This is great. This would be the first FF to get localized voice acting other than English. I am crossing my finger that the game gets a French one.

edit: HOLY FUCKING SHIT

GET FUCKED, BAD ENGLISH DUB!!!

Ochibi

If it's the latter: holy shit! This is great. This would be the first FF to get localized voice acting other than English. I am crossing my finger that the game gets a French one.

French voice confirmed too ^^

ekim

edit: HOLY FUCKING SHIT

GET FUCKED, BAD ENGLISH DUB!!!

From the description:
"we are excited to announce that FINAL FANTASY XV will feature text in Latin American Spanish and Brazilian Portugese!"

If there is one thing I have learned in life, it's that 95% of the time, the French localization of a japanese video game or anime will be superior to the English one.

I AM SO EXCITED!!

oti

Banned
They are really putting everything in this, aren't they.

Not a big FF guy but I'm getting this day 1 now I think. It's worth supporting.

If there is one thing I have learned in life, it's that 95% of the time, the French localization of a japanese video game or anime will be superior to the English one.

I AM SO EXCITED!!

Same in German. German just sounds more dignified than English for this stuff.

Awesome news, more and more games are being localized to PTBR.

Meanwhile, PKMN games (made for children) are still only available in English.

Not every company is global, I guess.

Mariip

From the description:
"we are excited to announce that FINAL FANTASY XV will feature text in Latin American Spanish and Brazilian Portugese!"
Well i wasn't ready for a PT-BR dub...but i sure hope it sells a lot so they get disney brazil to dub KH3

Top Bottom