• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Mass Effect: New Earth" 4D theme park ride opens [video & images]

DOWN

Banned
Lots of pics and details:
http://www.californiacoasterkings.com/mass-effect-new-earth-media-day-report/

Video: https://youtu.be/cJN3opMqCtI
Riders are told about the instantaneous travel implemented through the Mass Relays, and informing you about your luxury destination, Terra Nova. It is interrupted by a news broadcast in which we are told there have been communication blackouts and we should be cautious.
Before going into specifics, I have to say, Mass Effect: New Earth is not regional park quality. This is clearly an attraction where every element was carefully scrutinized. An incredible amount of detail went into the production of this ride and it really payed off. Mass Effect: New Earth is a great ride and one of the highlights of the park.Approved Mass Effect

The visuals are both carefully constructed and brilliantly high definition. The LED technology accomplished a crispness pixels could never hope to. In addition, the fact that Electronic Arts and Bioware developed and animated every frame from the ground up makes it not only as authentic as the games, but also gives the Mass Effect universe a new entry and welcome expansion.Mass Effect

The audio is incredible, there are over 70 speakers located throughout the theater, and the sound design puts them to good use. It is immersive yet not overwhelming. Also, fans of the series will be delighted to see cameos from characters such as Garrus, Grunt, and Commander Shepard with voices provided by the original actors.
image8-Medium-1-768x576.jpeg

DSC_0492-Medium-768x511.jpg

Mass-Effect-768x513.jpg

So much for that Mass Effect movie that got announced ages ago. Kind of sucks that this no name theme park gets an exclusive intriguing storyline during this dearth of Mass Effect content, but great they tried to be creative.

That's pretty cool looking. Seems very reminiscent of the Terminator thing I went through ages ago at Universal or MGM or one of those places.

The moving seats with a huge ass screen reminds me a Temple of Zeus ride in Terra Mitica, just with better technology. And thats not really as amazing as much as they try to sell it in the video.

Basically a poor mans star tours from the footage ive seen.
This rides dont last too many years on this type of parks, wouldnt surprise me them changing the movie showing and even the IP they use in 3 to 5 years.

That's pretty cool looking. Seems very reminiscent of the Terminator thing I went through ages ago at Universal or MGM or one of those places.

I remember doing the terminator one when I was young. There was steam effects, it blew water at you, fog machines etc. With the anaglyph 3D if I remember correctly.

The moving seats with a huge ass screen reminds me a Temple of Zeus ride in Terra Mitica, just with better technology. And thats not really as amazing as much as they try to sell it in the video.

Basically a poor mans star tours from the footage ive seen.
This rides dont last too many years on this type of parks, wouldnt surprise me them changing the movie showing and even the IP they use in 3 to 5 years.

They do cycle them in and out of the Action Theaters. One of my favorites when I was a teenager was at Carowinds in NC. It was essentially a 4 minute experience based on Days of Thunder. It worked incredibly well, and this was early to mid-90s.

According to the Wiki, they are also going to do a Plants Vs Zombies one, too.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
This looks awesome: I'm in with a Krogan grin.

I'll have to fly from Auckland, New Zealand first though....but that's no biggie.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I had no idea Mass Effect was a successful enough IP to the general public to be worthy of a theme park attraction. Weird.

Top Bottom