• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An hour of Yakuza 6 main story and adventure gameplay

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to give the exploration vid a watch tomorrow, can't believe its finally almost time for this game to be released!

Watched a bit of each video. The story stuff looks excellent, really looking forward to seeing how they
wrap things up for Kiryu
in this game. Tearing during exploration/fights is pretty distracting though :( Hopefully it won't be too much of a bother, there has been next to no talk about the Pro mode on the game so I expect little to nothing from that side of things.
I see that the bike heat move has been changed yet again (I think all the heat moves have been tweaked/redone). Pity, I'll miss the hilarious bike heat move from Yakuza 5, pretty much the best heat move in the game for me.

Performance seems pretty bad in the open areas, unfortunately. While I love the way the game looks, the other PS4 Yakuzas just look so good running at 60 that it's going to be tough going down to 20-something with tearing. I'll gladly buy it day one if it gets localised, but I do hope they can do something with patches, at least on the Pro.

God, I almost want to import this, but my Japanese is nowhere near good enough yet. If we don't get a localisation announcement at PSX I'm going to riot.

Performance seems pretty bad in the open areas, unfortunately. While I love the way the game looks, the other PS4 Yakuzas just look so good running at 60 that it's going to be tough going down to 20-something with tearing. I'll gladly buy it day one if it gets localised, but I do hope they can do something with patches, at least on the Pro.

God, I almost want to import this, but my Japanese is nowhere near good enough yet. If we don't get a localisation announcement at PSX I'm going to riot.

0 and Kiwami weren't perfect either - we still got tearing in places (especially theartre square) more so in 0 than Kiwami to be fair, so it at least seemed like they improved things somewhat between games. I guess working with a new engine and making everything seamless (no load times etc.) took its toll on performance. I will miss 60FPS though, fights were so buttery smooth that it'll be hard going back. Makes me hope that one day the series does make it to PC just so we can get the games running better.

0 and Kiwami weren't perfect either - we still got tearing in places (especially theartre square) more so in 0 than Kiwami to be fair, so it at least seemed like they improved things somewhat between games. I guess working with a new engine and making everything seamless (no load times etc.) took its toll on performance.

Yeah, I mean, it's obvious what's taking up those resources; the game looks absolutely gorgeous, and cutting out the loading times is a huge deal. 30FPS isn't a dealbreaker, but I just really hope they can sort out that screen tearing.

By the way, isn't there a Yakuza 6 demo going up on the Japanese PSN in a couple of days? Can't wait.

Yeah, I mean, it's obvious what's taking up those resources; the game looks absolutely gorgeous, and cutting out the loading times is a huge deal. 30FPS isn't a dealbreaker, but I just really hope they can sort out that screen tearing.

By the way, isn't there a Yakuza 6 demo going up on the Japanese PSN in a couple of days? Can't wait.

Agreed. The frame rate I can eventually look past if I play the game for long enough, the screen tearing though? That'll distract me for the majority of my playtime.

And yeah, we get a fairly big sounding demo next week (Tuesday 29th). Its basically the first chapter of the full game. Can't wait!

Top Bottom