• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident evil 4 (PS4) weird problems.

Guys, I'm having some frustrating moments with this version, I can't seem to pick up items right away as I discovered that if you hold X and press square to confirm, it wont pick up items.

I don't remember this issue on GC or ps2 versions.

I mean you're constantly running while spaming square to pick up loot why did they think it was a good idea to change it up so that you now have to release pressing X?

Another issue im having is trying to aim with the hand gun, it's like Leon keeps breathing faster than usual, making me miss trying to hit the blue medallions.

Last but not least I had to turn motion blur on so my eye's wouldn't hurt.

Just in case I'm posting my set up

Samsung ks8000
Ps4 pro -BOOST mode on
Default control set up.

is the need to stop for a split second to pick up an item really that much of an inconvenience.

and isn't the breathing issue a result of how they remastered the game so it would run at 60fps?

but yeah, the textures are an eye sore.

is the need to stop for a split second to pick up an item really that much of an inconvenience.

and isn't the breathing issue a result of how they remastered the game so it would run at 60fps?

Actually I just found out that this version does not have the GC and ps2 button configuration X used to confirm pick up while square was used to sprint.

But somehow they forgot to program that when picking up items.

So strange... I guess I'll just have to get used to it. :(

HeeHo

Ha, well compared to the original that is really disappointing. Sounds like it'd mess you up in Mercenaries.

Reminds me of that DQVII 3DS localized glitch that makes menus have a delay.

Sanpei

i am playing on xbox one and i just press X to pick up something...

Control scheme is very old school...it is frustrating

televator

I thought the problem with aiming wasn't really a problem. I just thought the animation was more fluid and it threw people off. Then I actually played it and realized it was a real problem. The aiming animation is all over the place and Leon aims like he's a nervous wreck.

The PS3 version feels much better to play. What a shame.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Actually I just found out that this version does not have the GC and ps2 button configuration X used to confirm pick up while square was used to sprint.

But somehow they forgot to program that when picking up items.

So strange... I guess I'll just have to get used to it. :(
The newer ports' switching of run and interact annoyed the hell out of me. Why not at leat give us the option of having it like it was originally? It even happens on PC. I miss the classic square to run RE controls.

Yes, in a game where picking up multiple items in quick succession while running to a position is common having to let go of run would be a terrible flaw to introduce.

EDIT:
The newer ports' switching of run and interact annoyed the hell out of me. Why not at leat give us the option of having it like it was originally? It even happens on PC. I miss the classic square to run RE controls.

Yes, in a game where picking up multiple items in quick succession while running to a position is common having to let go of run would be a terrible flaw to introduce.

OH wow!
So the problem is also on the pc version-
UGH! I was looking forward to mercenaries- but no way I'm playing it like this--Wow - so who's to blame who made this port?

I thought the problem with aiming wasn't really a problem. I just thought the animation was more fluid and it threw people off. Then I actually played it and realized it was a real problem. The aiming animation is all over the place and Leon aims like he's a nervous wreck.

The PS3 version feels much better to play. What a shame.

I've played it all day now- and there's been several spots where I've missed because of that lol

But nothing is more frustrating than holding X to sprint you see an item and it prompts you pick it up with square by inertia you wont let go of pressing X right? But you have to if you want to confirm the pick up.

Tell me I'm not crazy someone - that was not in the GC or PS2 version right?
Possibly not even on the ps3 version right?

Neff

The recent ports of RE4 and RE5 have numerous problems. Capcom did put out a statement that they were 'aware' of them, but nothing has been done to fix them, unfortunately.

However, for some reason the RE6 port is as good as flawless.

The recent ports of RE4 and RE5 have numerous problems. Capcom did put out a statement that they were 'aware' of them, but nothing has been done to fix them, unfortunately.

However, for some reason the RE6 port is as good as flawless.

Oh come on really?
So what's wrong with 5 - *SIGHS* it's the next game I was going to play :(

Neff

Oh come on really?

5 has framerate problems in some of its QTE cutscenes, and some altered visual effects. For the most part it's still a big improvement over the PS3/360 versions.

kc44135

Oh come on really?

The only major issue with RE5 is some framerate drops here and there on PS4 and X1. This seems to be almost completely solved on PS4 Pro with boost mode though. Also, there's apparently some kind of issue with versus mode, but I honestly haven't bothered with it so I couldn't tell you what the problem with it was.

As for RE4, I've had no issues with it, and that includes on PS4 Pro with boost mode. The only issues I have with it are that the new textures are very uneven in quality and distracting, and certain animations are stuck at 30 FPS which is very distracting when everything else looks so smooth. Otherwise, I thought it was a great port and would heartily recommend it, along with RE5.

televator

EDIT:

OH wow!
So the problem is also on the pc version-
UGH! I was looking forward to mercenaries- but no way I'm playing it like this--Wow - so who's to blame who made this port?

I've played it all day now- and there's been several spots where I've missed because of that lol

But nothing is more frustrating than holding X to sprint you see an item and it prompts you pick it up with square by inertia you wont let go of pressing X right? But you have to if you want to confirm the pick up.

Tell me I'm not crazy someone - that was not in the GC or PS2 version right?
Possibly not even on the ps3 version right?

Yeah, having to let go of X is just stupid. I used to speed run 4 on GC and Wii. Plus it makes heavy encounters more manageable and I feel like the original game was balanced this way. Adding more tedium to the controls kinda breaks your ability to manage.

televator

That seriously puts a damper on my plan to play the PC version with the HD texture mod. We gonna need to form a mob and go at Capcom with pitchforks and torches for them to fix it.

Demoskinos

It is if you want to speed run the game.

Top Bottom