• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 WWE Hall of Fame gets Ravishing as Rick Rude is Posthumously Inducted

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2695159-rick-rude-to-be-inducted-into-wwe-hall-of-fame-2017-class

Rude is also the first to have a confirmed inductor, as fellow HOFer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, who was one of his biggest rivals, will have the honor. Rude and Steamboat briefly feuded in WWE in 1988, but their feud reached new heights in WCW as they battled over the US title, including a legendary 30-minute Ironman Match at Beach Blast 1992.

I maintain Rick Rude was the Ultimate Warrior's greatest rival during his Intercontinental period.

norm9

Loved him and Jake the Snake feud. Jake ripping off his wrestling tights that had him and Jake's wife kissing on the front of his crotch was nuts and having Rick run naked backstage was incredible.

ALso loved him as early part of the NWO before it got too bloated.

Sephzilla

Rick Rude was always under appreciated back in the day in my opinion. I'm glad that as time has gone on, he's gotten more of the recognition he deserves as a fantastic heel.

Also, if memory serves me correct, he's the first/only person in history who appeared on Raw and Nitro simultaneously. I'm not sure if Vince counts since him appearing on Raw and Nitro simultaneously happened after Vince owned both companies.

LQX

Holy shit Rick Rude is dead? I figured he would be one of the ones still alive. I had no idea.

Couleurs

Ricky Steamboat better start off with "what I'd like to have right now" and call everyone sweathogs

Glad he's finally getting in

Wiseblood

What I'd like to have right now is for all you fat, out of shape, NeoGAF sweathogs to keep the noise down while I take my robe off and show all the ladies what a real man is supposed to look like.

CB1x3x.gif

Ravishing Rick Rude was legendary no doubt (his Cheryl Roberts tights still crack me up), but he was also a member of the best version of DX.

DX-Rick-Rude.jpg

He was one of the GOATs for sure. Such a great heel. Unfortunate that he came up in a time when Hogan and Warrior had such a stranglehold on the top spot and Vince seemed apprehensive to putting the strap on heels. He and Mr. Perfect deserved at least one title run each.

Lothar

Banned
It's shocking that Rick Rude only got to be age 40.

Finn Baylor is 35. He seems like such a kid compared to even early 90s Rick Rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom