• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Active Shooter in Dallas (Shooter found dead)

shandy706

A (firefighter) paramedic/emergency responder has been shot..developing

CNN

Other Coverage

Feel free to post updates if you find them.

A gunman shot a member of the Dallas Fire-Rescue Department Monday, according to a tweet from the city's police department. The Dallas Police Department described the incident as an active shooter situation, according to CNN affiliate KTVT. The injured person was transported to a hospital, Dallas police told KTVT. The person's condition is unknown.

The Dallas Police Association tweeted Monday that officers were "pinned down by gunfire," and the Dallas Police Department confirmed a member of Dallas Fire Rescue was transported to a hospital.

The shooting occurred across the street from a fire-rescue training center in East Dallas late in the morning.

The Dallas Morning News reports the firefighter may have been hit multiple times and is in surgery at Baylor Medical Center. There are reports other people may have been wounded.

Hope all recover/are safe out there.

Edit* Changed to Paramedic/Emergency Responder now

Local news is saying the firefighter has coded multiple times, but is still alive, but in critical condition. There are also now at least two armored vehicles in the area they're searching around I-30 and Dolphin.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/shooter-opens-fire-on-paramedics-in-east-dallas/435604002

Live feed above of Channel 8 News

Edit 2* Saying a civilian was shot too.

Apparently the initial response was to a "Suicide Call".

atfmpa5r.png

Just called my friend who was working nights to ask him to stay in his house. I work in Fort Worth so we're in the clear but Jesus christ. What is happening.

Glix

people are dead time to advance my agenda of talking about the president in everything

Did the most powerful man in the country just say a day or two ago that the 2nd amendment will "no longer be under assault"?

But you're right, it makes no sense to bring him up here.

It's better than the last eight years of "holy shit, this guy is black, gotta make up outright lies to advance my agenda!"

shandy706

Local news is saying the firefighter has coded multiple times, but is still alive, but in critical condition. There are also now at least two armored vehicles in the area they're searching around I-30 and Dolphin.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/shooter-opens-fire-on-paramedics-in-east-dallas/435604002

Live feed above of Channel 8 News

Thanks for the update.

Edit* They keep saying they don't know if that ambulance the camera is focused on is the one that was possibly shot. Do they not see the windows are destroyed in it?

I swear these people are blind sometimes.

besada

Banned
The gunman suspected of opening fire on and critically wounding a Dallas paramedic providing aid to a shooting victim Monday morning has been found dead inside a home along with another deceased person, Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings confirmed Monday afternoon.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Da...fficers-Pinned-Down-by-Gunfire-420911734.html

The injured Dallas Fire-Rescue paramedic is in critical but stable condition and has been moved to the ICU after undergoing surgery. Rawlings said the paramedic will need additional surgeries and extensive medical treatment to fully recover.

Dallas police said during a news conference Monday afternoon the initial shooting in the Dolphin Heights neighborhood was sparked by a dispute between neighbors along the 3200 block of Reynolds Avenue at about 11:30 a.m.

Interim Dallas Chief of Police David Pughes said as officers arrived they were immediately under fire and were trying to maintain cover. Pughes said an arriving Dallas police sergeant placed himself in extreme risk and went in alone to pull out the injured paramedic.

The sergeant then put the medic in his patrol car and drove him to Baylor Medical Center in Dallas, saving the medic's life, Pughes said.

Aces&Eights

Except there's no evidence whatsoever that this has anything to do with mental illness, beyond the tired tautology that only someone mentally ill could commit a gun crime.

I think anyone who would open fire at other human beings for no reason at all has mental issues. They might not fall into the standard categories but something is def not right upstairs.

In my mind, the major contributing factors are:

-Decreased economic security for middle/working class families.

-Increased diversity leading to racially-motivated attacks.

-Lack of readily-available and affordable mental health services for adults.

-Lack of mandatory mental health care and evaluations for children.

-Easily-accessible guns without background checks.

Maladaptive behaviors are left to fester, rather than being addressed early-on in a person's life. They grow more hateful and unstable, other political/economic factors increase the pressure, and they eventually snap.

Top Bottom