• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake II: Night Springs DLC teased for Summer Game Fest

Dazraell

Gold Member
Remedy was dropping some vague teases implying we may soon see more about Night Springs dlc to Alan Wake II. Now they posted this on twitter with mentioning June 7th, which is the same day as Summer Game Fest's opening showcase

And the official description of this DLC back when it was announced:
Visions and dreams. Fiction is written and coming true. Fiction collapses and remains just words on a page. These are those stories... in Night Springs. Play as several familiar characters from the world of Alan Wake and experience the unexplainable in multiple self-contained episodes of Night Springs, a fictional TV-show set in the world of Alan Wake.

Last edited:

Doom85

Beer Ok GIF by Busch

More Alan Wake and Night Springs? Hell yeah.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Hopefully it comes with a big optimization patch on consoles too and a photo mode. I rarely buy a DLC, but if these DLCs are good im jumping back in

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Remove the super cheap jumpscares and I'm in.
It's not just jumpscare for the sake of jumpscare, it has a real signification:

It's actually The Dark Presence trying to take over Alan, as seen at the end of the game.

xrnzaaas

This is taking quite a long time. It's very likely they'll release only this first expansion during the game's first year and the next one will be planned for 2025.

Dazraell

Gold Member
This is taking quite a long time. It's very likely they'll release only this first expansion during the game's first year and the next one will be planned for 2025.
If I remember correctly Remedy announced both dlcs for 2024, but yeah, we will see how this will go. I wouldn't be surprised if they will decide to release the second one in late October / early November around game's one year anniversary

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's not just jumpscare for the sake of jumpscare, it has a real signification:

That still doesn't make it any good. They made a horror game full of nicely creepy locations and literally every single scare in the game is a full-screen flashing .gif and a loud noise. One of the biggest wasted potentials I've seen in games in years. Still enjoyed it, but what a shame.

Dazraell

Gold Member
Hopefully it’s all Alan and no Saga.
The first dlc will have multiple playable characters and none of them will be Alan and Saga. There are some leaks with rumored roster. The second dlc is supposed to feature both Saga and Alan

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
"Play as several familiar characters from the world of Alan Wake"

'Hey guys an gals, remember Alan Wake? Yeah you do. Well guess what kids? We at DEI Inc thought you should eat a dick and not play as Alan Wake. Now go fuck yourselves you bigots. See you in our next game. Dont forget to give us monies please'

Dazraell

Gold Member
"Play as several familiar characters from the world of Alan Wake"

'Hey guys an gals, remember Alan Wake? Yeah you do. Well guess what kids? We at DEI Inc thought you should eat a dick and not play as Alan Wake. Now go fuck yourselves you bigots. See you in our next game. Dont forget to give us monies please'
I'm gonna hide it under spoilers as these leaks has very large chance of being true. Honestly, it's quite interesting what they're aiming with this

The idea is that you will experience several standalone episodes of fictional Night Springs TV series which is kinda like our equivalent of Twilight Zone, with each story having a different playable protagonist and some cast members most likely reappearing between episodes in different roles. The characters who are rumored to be playable are Tim Breaker in a story inspired by Quantum Break (where the same actor who plays Tim also played the protagonist of that game), Alex Casey and Jesse Faden from Control

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I'm gonna hide it under spoilers as these leaks has very large chance of being true. Honestly, it's quite interesting what they're aiming with this

The idea is that you will experience several standalone episodes of fictional Night Springs TV series which is kinda like our equivalent of Twilight Zone, with each story having a different playable protagonist and some cast members most likely reappearing between episodes in different roles. The characters who are rumored to be playable are Tim Breaker in a story inspired by Quantum Break (where the same actor who plays Tim also played the protagonist of that game), Alex Casey and Jesse Faden from Control
Okay, that does sound pretty damn good. I love those characters

WgB91CW.gif

Guess I better reinstall the damn thing then.

Got to play AW2 not long ago and I'll be honest here, the game is gorgeous looking but I expected more from it. The Remedy-verse idea isn't bad but I prefer the Control side of things. Not to say AW2 is bad game, but it is largely overrated by the critics.

Luipadre

Gold Member

Dang that sounds cool. Hoping for a shadow drop.

Sleepwalker

I wasn't going to play the DLC expecting it to be more Saga but now...

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Meh, I kinda regret buying this full price. Will prolly skip the dlc if it doesnt continue the story and if it doesnt have a significant amount of content ~10 hours at least or so.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Redownloaded again on PS5 in prep for DLC but sadly the performance is still bad. Saga chapter 2 still suffers from heavy drops, input lag is huge and inventory still tanks framerate sigh. I might wait until the pro

Luipadre

Gold Member
Meh, I kinda regret buying this full price. Will prolly skip the dlc if it doesnt continue the story and if it doesnt have a significant amount of content ~10 hours at least or so.

DLC is kinda cheap so dont expect more than 2-3 hours of content from these

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Redownloaded again on PS5 in prep for DLC but sadly the performance is still bad. Saga chapter 2 still suffers from heavy drops, input lag is huge and inventory still tanks framerate sigh. I might wait until the pro

I know saying 'buy another version' is not the solution, but if you're a multi-console owner, the game has a pretty damn flawless performance mode on Xbox. They patched it to improve the IQ after the game released as well IIRC.

Top Bottom