• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I the only one that completely ignores perfect review scores?

mcjmetroid

Bioshock Infinite killed game reviews for me. BOTW pissed on the corpse.

The majority of reviews are bought, movies and games. They are not to be trusted.

I loved BOTW but again.. Nintendo games I just don't trust the reviews.

Bioshock infinite shocked me with how bad it ended up being and it's actually where I started as well.

Bankai

When everything clicks for you as a reviewer, than it would be ludicrous to NOT give it a perfect score.

The scale is there for a reason right? Some things aren't easy to "measure", like the mood/atmosphere, the flow of a game - compared to technicalities like framerate, texture-quality and loading-times. But when everything comes together, than come.. give it a 10/10 :)

Bioshock might be the only 10/10 game for me.

Kagey K

Banned
5 and 0 should always be ignored, as they are the fanboys. It’s the ones in the middle that you should pay attention to.
Just like everything else in life.

Elcid

Banned
No game is perfect...granted, but I believe there are games who deserve a 10 out of 10, or 5/5 stars...what have you.

Looking at metacritic I tend to peruse the reviews and look for articles within the 75 to 85 range. I do this because my feeling is perfect review scores aren't going to tell you the whole story. With Death Stranding being the flavor of the month, along with COD and Outer Worlds I want to know the good and the bad, and want to be surprised by the awesome.

After checking a few Death Stranding reviews, I feel this game would be a game that I would buy just to have it for those really weird nights where I don't wanna play any of my mainstay games. It's feels like I'm going to have to be in the mood to play Death Stranding.

It's strange because I'm still pretty hyped about it, but it's not the same kind of hype. It's really strange...and I like it. Ive gamed for a long time. To still be able to feel something new is a testament to Kojima's brilliance. I've never been excited to be bored.
I don't read any reviews anymore tbh. Either the game looks good or it doesn't.

Top Bottom