• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon.com (US) Weekly Hardware Sales(Mar 20- 26) PS5 8k+ NSW 4.8k+ XBS 1.6k+

gokurho

8xuC516.jpg

sendit

If Phil spent as much time hustling to improve Xbox stock vs playing Vampire Survivors, they probably wouldn’t be in this position.

I kid, but it’s downright silly how they’ve managed to cock up the XSX availability.
I believe the culprit is Xbox All Access. Almost all major retailers in the US have Xbox Series X consoles in stock if a customer subscribes to All Access. They would rather take the hit on standalone sales in favor of a single Gamepass subscription.

Three

Guys, words on the streets says MS is selling bad on purpose so the FTC won't block the Activision Blizzard deal. Watch the sales skyrocket once deal is approved. Trust me bro.
Forza Motorsport was meant to release this past quarter. I really do have to wonder how they go from a new FM every 2 years on the dot to missing their release date so badly. It's been 6yrs without a release, not meeting Q1 2023 target, and now not knowing when it would even be ready. saying 'it will release one day' in their reveal was comically bad. What can logically cause such a ridiculous change in output reliability from them?

Last edited:

Soosa

Banned
Laugh all you want. The message is as clear as day, the Series S is a tried and true next gen experience. Paired with Game Pass, it becomes an unstoppable gaming juggernaut. Microsoft executed this plan with extreme diligence.
"next gen experience"

Even my series x (or ps5) dont feel next gen experience enough, mostly because stupid series S & last gen support.

Remove last gen support, and we are still stuck with series S, just have to hope that it wont hinder what series X will get in the future.

I have finally seen PS5 physically on stock at Finland in large quanties, so shipment issues seems to be over.

Series S have been stock since the launch, because people just dont want series S. As proof used series S (like new, few weeks/months old) wont often sell even low as 120€

and series X have been in stock since the launch from time to time, but havent seen series X on stores lately. So series X stock seems to be low.

Say what you say, but series S is FAILURE in global scale or at least on some markets.

It costs new ~300€ and wont sell even for low as 120€ as almost new/used, then people clearly dont want them. PS5 still sells high prices used and series x goes low as 300€ used.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
MS still hasn't fixed the stock issues, huh...
Series X is out of stock on Amazon US right now.

OP's source forum said Amazon has 19 Series X in stock at the time of posting.

So, it seems they might be struggling to produce enough hardware.

Edit: Amazon (US) themselves don't have any Series S stock either, you have to buy from "trendy tech"

Amazon UK don't have any Series X either, unless you want a used one...

I had no idea they were having such difficulty getting hardware out.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Forza Motorsport was meant to release this past quarter. I really do have to wonder how they go from a new FM every 2 years on the dot to missing their release date so badly. It's been 6yrs without a release, not meeting Q1 2023 target, and now not knowing when it would even be ready. saying 'it will release one day' in their reveal was comically bad. What can logically cause such a ridiculous change in output reliability from them?

Well from what I gathered, the previous generation saw FM kinda decline overall. So maybe they decided to focus on making it better than keeping to a bi-annual release that may have been hurting it? I'm not sure what their staff situation is, but a number of Xbox studios either had higher profile departures, like Playground and 343, or a virtual exodus, like The Initiative. It's possible that Turn 10 may have had its own staffing issues.

Ozriel

M$FT

What ‘release schedule’? When was it ever said it would release in Q1 2023? It was always announced as a H1 2023 title.

It used to be every 2 years, then they took some time to build a more meaningful update in the series. Certainly hasn’t been 6 years as you claim.

What a ridiculous post.

Varteras

Gold Member
What ‘release schedule’? When was it ever said it would release in Q1 2023? It was always announced as a H1 2023 title.

It used to be every 2 years, then they took some time to build a more meaningful update in the series. Certainly hasn’t been 6 years as you claim.

What a ridiculous post.

FM7 came out October 2017. It's almost April 2023. We're 5 and a half years out from the last game. By this Fall, which looks like the earliest we'll see it, that'll be 6 years.

reksveks

Npd is going to be rough for MS and probably also Nintendo.

Need to get their software pipelines sorted as well as hardware.

P.s. I am going to probably unable to make the thread

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
FM7 came out October 2017. It's almost April 2023. We're 5 and a half years out from the last game. By this Fall, which looks like the earliest we'll see it, that'll be 6 years.

Yep. Precisely 5 years 5 months today. He claimed it’s already been 6 years.

It will be 6 years since the last one, but that’s irrelevant. More important that they’re taking the feedback to build a much better, more ambitious package from the ground up. The last few FM games were criticized for only incremental changes.

Forza Horizon used to be a 2 year series. Is anyone really clamoring for a FH6 in 2024?

It also helps they have way more studios now, so they can space out better.

Varteras

Gold Member

It will be 6 years since the last one, but that’s irrelevant. More important that they’re taking the feedback to build a much better, more ambitious package from the ground up. The last few FM games were criticized for only incremental changes.

Forza Horizon used to be a 2 year series. Is anyone really clamoring for a FH6 in 2024?

It also helps they have way more studios now, so they can space out better.

I don't disagree with you on any other points, but I do think you're being a bit pedantic with the timing. A lot of people don't go to the trouble of counting down the months. They look at the year and just do the quick math. I do it all the time. They just took 2017 and subtracted it from 2023. When someone says it's been 6 years and you argue it's only 5 and a half, especially when it WILL be 6 years by the time it hits at the earliest, you just come off as being difficult.

Ozriel

M$FT
The way Jim Ryan has managed PS5 stock is quite impressive.
Sometimes people rage against appointment of finance type folks into these roles. Visionary type leaders are good, but there’s a place for business savvy leaders who get the job done.

Reminds me of all the jibes at Tim Cook for not being as charismatic as Jobs, but he’s taken Apple to unprecedented heights.

Ozriel

M$FT
I don't disagree with you on any other points, but I do think you're being a bit pedantic with the timing. A lot of people don't go to the trouble of counting down the months. They look at the year and just do the quick math. I do it all the time. They just took 2017 and subtracted it from 2023. When someone says it's been 6 years and you argue it's only 5 and a half, especially when it WILL be 6 years by the time it hits at the earliest, you just come off as being difficult.

I usually calculate down to the month and round up the the nearest year.
I’ve been an engineer for a long time, hard to shake the habit. i can see how it can come off as pedantic though.

Varteras

Gold Member
The way Jim Ryan has managed PS5 stock is quite impressive.
Sometimes people rage against appointment of finance type folks into these roles. Visionary type leaders are good, but there’s a place for business savvy leaders who get the job done.

Reminds me of all the jibes at Tim Cook for not being as charismatic as Jobs, but he’s taken Apple to unprecedented heights.

Yeah. I know a lot of people prefer to have a gamer in charge of it all because they think that's best, but it really does take a balance. A company as big as Sony and a brand as big as PlayStation really benefit from having the kind of people who know business. Sometimes you need an artist. Sometimes you need a suit.

I usually calculate down to the month and round up the the nearest year.
I’ve been an engineer for a long time, hard to shake the habit. i can see how it can come off as pedantic though.

All good! Everyone has their way. Would be boring here if we're all the same.

Three

https://www.eurogamer.net/forza-motorsport-reportedly-delayed-to-q3-or-later-this-year

They gave a "Spring 2023" release date in 2022 and now it's likely delayed to Q3. This is even ignoring the fact that a lot of people kind of expected it on console release as the reason why the 2yr schedule didn't happen but that was all speculation. Spring 2023 release wasn't speculation though.

It will be 6 years since the last one, but that’s irrelevant.
Forgive me for rounding 5 and a half years to 6yrs. Still doesn't change the fact that they went from a punctual 2yr release schedule to this mess. It will pribably be 6yrs too when it releases in the rumoured Q3.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member

Ozriel

M$FT
https://www.eurogamer.net/forza-motorsport-reportedly-delayed-to-q3-or-later-this-year

They gave a "Spring 2023" release date in 2022 and now it's likely delayed to Q3. This is even ignoring the fact that a lot of people kind of expected it on console release as the reason why the 2yr schedule didn't happen but that was all speculation. Spring 2023 release wasn't speculation though.

You realize ‘Spring’ runs until May?

Spring =/= Q1

Still doesn't change the fact that they went from a punctual 2yr release schedule to this mess. It will pribably be 6yrs too when it releases in the rumoured Q3.

Yes. Physics, damage models, online experience and others are seeing drastic changes. Those take more time, and are in clear response to feedback…including here on this site.
Not sure why this is even a discussion topic in this thread. Turn 10 has earned their reputation for efficiency long since.

Three

You realize ‘Spring’ runs until May?

Spring =/= Q1
Sure, but it also doesn't equal 'H1' or "Q3 or later" either.
Yes. Physics, damage models, online experience and others are seeing drastic changes. Those take more time, and are in clear response to feedback…including here on this site.
Don't know man, to me it seemed like they were adding those things in the two year increments too. FM6 saw far more changes than I've seen for 7 to 8.

What has drastically changed in what you've listed? Keep in mind the 6yrs, if it releases Q3 or later, would be the equivalent of FM6 compared to FM3 in changes/improvements.

The reason we're discussing it is because sales are poor for xbox and somebody speculated that this is due to games being held back from release. I just replied and said FM should have released right about now and it's weird how Turn 10 got so sloppy with their release schedule when they were so punctual before. Then I had you reply to me about all this other stuff refuting things; Divisions of the year into quarters, halves, how to round, delays, improvements, etc.

Last edited:
No wonder MS is now talking about Sony’s power over japanese developers as well.

Imagine looking at these sales since November last year and knowing you won’t have a game that can shift those units for a full year, while PS5 is selling like this.

It’s quite possible that by the time Starfield releases that PS5 could be selling close to 2:1 lifetime units by then. When PS5 surpassed 30M weren’t there reports that Series were at 18,5M only?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You got to kind of be entertained a little bit at all this money Microsoft spends only to be in a distant second and this isn't making an argument on their behalf as much as calling out how poorly they manage their gaming sector.

Why is that being said I'm not sure how accurate those sales are but one thing that I do get a kick out of is the Reddit for AMD seems to have a seemingly accurate weekly sales figure for Europe or some country that I can't remember in regards to CPU sales. It is very interesting to see how Ryzen has taken over and rightfully so compared to the dumpster fire that was bulldozer and all those bad years.

About a 2.5/1 split in AMD's favor.

Top Bottom