• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AMD releases 2 core APU, 16 core desktop and 24/32 core HEDT CPUs

llien

Athlon 3000G, the APU is perhaps the least exciting from the pack, it is based on 12nm Zen+ core + Vega 3 graphics.

Next is 3950x, which AMD claims to beat 2700x by up to 22% (single core, cinebench). and a whopping 79 percent higher multi-threaded performance than the Core i9-9900K. The company also claims gaming performance parity with the i9-9900K. The company also claims huge performance-per-Watt gains over the i9-9900K. Available for purchase from November 25, 2019, the Ryzen 9 3950X is priced at USD $749 (MSRP). The retail PIB box package lacks a cooling solution, and AMD recommends at least a 240 mm x 140 mm AIO liquid CPU cooler to go with this chip.

Thread rippers 3960x and 3970x need a new mobo, consume up to 280W, rip apart threads (and products from the competiotr) cost $1399 and $1999 respectively.

j17YCDV.jpg

qWM1IyC.jpg

6TSwYB2.jpg
kDqgves.jpg

TPU

Last edited:

alf717

I just finished my Ryzen 1700x build I put together this year. Still excited to see these new processors hit the market though. Wold love to own a 3950x

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
That $49 APU is pretty damn sweet, and the overclocking should make awesome for retro emulation where performance per thread matters.

Bear in mind that it is a Zen+ part, not Zen 2, so lacks a fair bit of IPC uplift.

Anand coverage:

I think Threadripper is out of my price range this gen :messenger_tears_of_joy:

If you look at Threadripper as a productivity expenditure, it is quite a bargain for those who render high resolution video, or use it for other workstation-like scenarios. AMD is going cut throat on undercutting Intel in the "bang for your buck" market.

PhoenixTank

If you look at Threadripper as a productivity expenditure, it is quite a bargain for those who render high resolution video, or use it for other workstation-like scenarios. AMD is going cut throat on undercutting Intel in the "bang for your buck" market.
I was on the fence between the 3950X and third gen threadripper. Don't get me wrong, these TR parts are going to make for killer workstations, but the pricing made the decision pretty clear for me as to which segment I'm in for AMD's lineup.

Top Bottom