• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Code Recollection is so freakin' awesome and it being slept on is criminal

Finally started this up, I never played the DS original even though I remember it being on my radar, but this remake is blowing me away, yes I know it's a remake of a 2005 game, but even in fully 3D it *feels* like a lost 2005 game, it creates the same kind of feeling playing games back then created for me, this is flatout magical and one of the best games I've played in years.

Seriously, if you have a Switch, buy this game, yes some of the dialogue scenes are slow, but this game has so much charm it's ridiculous, I want to see Nintendo make more games like this, if not a remake of the Hotel Dusk games like this, if not a new Another Code entry with an adult Ashley, then please more games in this vibe because this is wonderful.

This is lowkey one of the Switch's best games, certainly one of my favs.

Last edited:
It is good and I'm glad it exists as a more accessible entry point to the franchise. But after playing recollection, I feel that the original games are significantly better than the remakes. And thats especially so for Another Code R.

I love anything CiNG relayed getting love in the year of our lord 2024 but ppl shouldnt thing these games are just straight up replacements for the originals

For those that have played both versions, how did they do the puzzle where you had to look at the actuall screen reflection of the two DS screens on Switch ?

MrA

Hotel Dusk is such a wild game, Nintendo seems to be keen on remaking its adventure games so it's possible this sees the light of day.
Wish this collection had all 4 cing adventure games, it was so annoying when another code R and the last window weren't released in the US,
though I would have bought hotel dusk and last window in a heart beat, I liked trace memory, but not nearly as much as hotel dusk... plus I'm still going through touch detective 3,

Malvira

Neo Member
For those that have played both versions, how did they do the puzzle where you had to look at the actuall screen reflection of the two DS screens on Switch ?
They removed that one along with others specifically tied to DS hardware features which could not be replicated on the Switch. So instead they created a new set of puzzles using gyro but mainly where you interact using thumbsticks. Some people are disappointed but I don't see how they could have implemented the exact same ones. At least this way you get some new puzzles.

They removed that one along with others specifically tied to DS hardware features which could not be replicated on the Switch. So instead they created a new set of puzzles using gyro but mainly where you interact using thumbsticks. Some people are disappointed but I don't see how they could have implemented the exact same ones. At least this way you get some new puzzles.
That was my main question the moment this got announced. Some of those puzzles were so heavily made for the DS hardware I wasn't sure what they were going to do. Replacing them seems like the most logical move, so I'm not sure how anyone could really be upset by it. That might be one of the most hardware dedicated games I've ever played outside of stuff that uses special controllers and whatnot.

Top Bottom