• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apparently, Kotaku's Shadow of the Erdtree reviewer was paralleling fighting bosses with fighting homophobes and misogynists in the real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

LectureMaster

Gold Member

Until Elden Ring, I avoided Soulslikes. Their punishing difficulty and rigid boundaries frustrated me immensely: I hit a wall in Dark Souls: Remastered and gave up, barely touched Bloodborne, and avoided Sekiro like it was a poison swamp. In the real world, I have mostly avoided the ire of homophobes and misogynists in the games industry, writing an article that temporarily shakes them up before fading into relative obscurity once Reddit refreshes.

Before I even make that connection between my real world and FromSoft’s game world, I subconsciously attack Shadow of the Erdtree with dogged determination, as if besting a boss would bleed into my every day and imbue me with a higher tier of self-confidence. Much like how it feels to receive near-endless hate comments from anonymous accounts or angry middle-aged men, I face Shadow of the Erdtree entirely alone—no multiplayer summons would work for me in early access, a feature I relied on in the base game.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Obligatory,
6aV0UOO.jpeg

LectureMaster

Gold Member
Folks, do you still take those gaming journalism seriously?

I don't care them at all. If I need some opinions about a game I'd always prefer a trusted content creator to those gaming media sites

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
STOP.READING.KOTAKU.

They're basically baiting you morons at this point and you keep falling for it. Half of their views are probably from hate clicks at this point. They'll keep writing such bullshit if you keep clicking on it and that other fucking idiot keeps making videos about it.

Hypereides

Gold Member
Folks, do you still take those gaming journalism seriously?

I don't care them at all. If I need some opinions about a game I'd always prefer a trusted content creator to those gaming media sites
After what they've recently been doing, if any of you have been following what's been unfolding, I've become fully appalled by them. They're actively smearing and legitimately harassing people. Its abhorrent behaviour.

They're activists masquerading as gaming journalists. Plain as day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom