• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are the CDKEYS GamePass deals legit? $28 for 3 months

Maddux4164

I’m aware CDKEYS itself is legit. Used it many times

Usually on subscriptions there is a catch. I’ve got an expired GamePass account. As of today

Looking to renew. Can I use that account in order to renew it?

Cornbread78

I’m aware CDKEYS itself is legit. Used it many times

Usually on subscriptions there is a catch. I’ve got an expired GamePass account. As of today

Looking to renew. Can I use that account in order to renew it?
Don't buy GamePass time.... buy 3 years of gold, add them to your Live account, then pay the 14.99 Gamepass upgrade fee and convert all three years to GP..

Jennings

Don't buy GamePass time.... buy 3 years of gold, add them to your Live account, then pay the 14.99 Gamepass upgrade fee and convert all three years to GP..
I asked in the Black Friday thread and got no replies, but does anybody know of any good Xbox Live Gold sales happening? The best price I'm seeing is still $60 a freaking year.

Kuranghi

Does the winscribe vpn also work to create turkish steam account to buy games at lower price and then family share to my real account?

shocked season 3 GIF

Nah I'm just joking, should be fine.

feynoob

Not really. Wasted money by using these keys. Especially the bundle ones.
1 key can work. But 2 or more keys don't work.

Just use the 3 year deal.

Cornbread78

Hmm. Ok. Best deal going currently? (What site and can I use my current account etc)

Also HOW do you convert?
I usually find CDKeys the cheapest.

Just add the three years of Live Gold, then go to the Prompt for Gamepass and select the upgrade option (14.99) and it'll prompt you the conversion dates (3 years credit)

Last edited:

Pakoe

Cdkeys is legit, but with the subscribtions you're probably buying an account.
Use the 3 years GP trick.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
CDKeys the website is 100% legit. I have used them for years.

But there are better deals to get GPU for cheaper.

This is applicable if you are a new subscriber or your game pass has completely run out, you cannot do this if you have an active sub ongoing. So wait for it to run out first.

Follow the guide below and get 36 months (3 years) of GPU for around $110 USD.

1. Purchase [cdkeys.com] 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership (Turkey - Email Delivery).
2. Create [windscribe.com] Free Account on Windscribe VPN and Download App or Chrome Extension [windscribe.com].
3. Connect to Turkey on Windscribe VPN or using your own VPN service/app.
4. Redeem [microsoft.com] your Xbox Live Gold code(s) without agreeing to recurring billing.
You can stack up to three years of Xbox Live Gold.
5. Disconnect VPN.
6. Join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate [xbox.com] by purchasing your first month for $1 ($14.99 if you joined Game Pass before for $1).

i reup my gamepass via CDKEYS all the time. never had an issue. Isn't the convert gold to gamepass thing for new users? I was always under the impression those tricks didn't work for long time subscribers. Either way im not downloading vpns and buying turkish memberships. '

but can i just convert normal gold to gamepass for cheap?

Sleepwalker

Cdkeys burned me when I bought control ultimate edition steam code. The website said it included all DLC but they gave me the base game then refused to refund/give me a code for the DLC.

They are good until they aren't. I made s chargeback through paypal but they sided with them.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hmm. Ok. Best deal going currently? (What site and can I use my current account etc)

Also HOW do you convert?
The best way and value to convert is maxing out 3 years of Gold first.

Method 1 - Gamer has never subbed to GP before (new GP subber)
- Max out your Gold sub plan to 3 years worth (dont go over that amount... I forget why. Maybe Xbox has a limit of 3 years gold anyway)
- Then buy GP for $1 off the Xbox store
- This will convert your 3 years of Gold to 3 years of Game Pass Ultimate

Method 2 - Gamer has subbed to GP before (now expired), or is currently a GP subber
- Make sure GP is expired and done
- Top up your Gold plan to 3 years
- Then buy GP for one month of GPU (I think its $15 in the US while Canada is $18)

The most important part is to make sure your Gold is set first, then buy GP. Do not do the reverse buying GP first and then loading up on Gold. The system doesn't do it that way and you wont get your conversion.

You dont have to max it out at 3 years Gold. But assuming you are willing to front load your account with 3 years worth, doing the conversion trick converts it all so it is the best value. If you do one year Gold and convert that works too. But then you got to do it again after a year paying another one month's GP fee.

I did the $1 starter conversion trick in 2019 for 3 years. I redid the 3 years in the summer so it lasts to 2025. So in total when 2025 rolls around, I've got 6years of GPU for about $20 CDN + 6 years of Gold which is $360 (Costco Canada sells them for $60). So all in, about $400 with tax for 6 years of GPU. Crazy. I do Gold anyway, so for me doing these conversion tricks is basically for free.

Anyone buying GPU at the regular monthly price is crazy. That's about $200/yr alone. If I was to do 6 years of GPU at regular price, it'd be almost $1500 for me ($18 x 72 months + tax). I just saved myself $1000.

Last edited:

Maddux4164

The best way and value to convert is maxing out 3 years of GP first.

Method 1 - Gamer has never subbed to GP before (new GP subber)
- Max out your Gold sub plan to 3 years worth (dont go over that amount... I forget why. Maybe Xbox has a limit of 3 years gold anyway)
- Then buy GP for $1 off the Xbox store

Method 2 - Gamer has subbed to GP before (now expired), or is currently a GP subber
- Make sure GP is expired and done
- Top up your Gold plan to 3 years
- Then buy GP for one month of GPU (I think its $15 in the US while Canada is $18)

The most important part is to make sure your Gold is set first, then buy GP. Do not do the reverse buying GP first and then loading up on Gold. The system doesn't do it that way and you wont get your conversion.

You dont have to max it out at 3 years Gold. But assuming you are willing to front load your account with 3 years worth, doing the conversion trick converts it all so it is the best value. If you do one year Gold and convert that works too. But then you got to do it again after a year paying another one month's GP fee.

I did the $1 starter conversion trick in 2019 for 3 years. I redid the 3 years in the summer so it lasts to 2025. So in total when 2025 rolls around, I've got 6years of GPU for about $20 CDN + 6 years of Gold which is $360 (Costco Canada sells them for $60). So all in, about $400 with tax for 6 years of GPU. Crazy. I do Gold anyway, so for me doing these conversion tricks is basically for free.

Anyone buying GPU at the regular monthly price is crazy. That's about $200/yr alone. If I was to do 6 years of GPU at regular price, it'd be almost $1500 for me ($18 x 72 months + tax). I just saved myself $1000.
Excellent post! Yes! So no need for vpn tricks or anything? Just buy a year (or 3) of gold and upgrade via console?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Excellent post! Yes! So no need for vpn tricks or anything? Just buy a year (or 3) of gold and upgrade via console?
Yup.

Just make sure your GP is expired (if you're currently a GP subber).

If you try to do this trick with an existing GP sub plan, it wont work. It'll go into some weird regular price conversion mode.

For example, my recent GPU expired in summer 2022. I had already prepped buying some annual Gold cards from Costco. I tried loading them thinkng it'll just load Gold after my GPU expired. Instead it said if I loaded the card, it would add 3 months on GPU. I cancelled loading it.

So I waited for my GPU to totally expire, and then loaded the Gold cards and did the 1 month GPU top up the day after my GPU expired..

Last edited:

Maddux4164

Yup.

Just make sure your GP is expired (if you're currently a GP subber).

If you try to do this trick with an existing GP sub plan, it wont work. It'll go into some weird regular price conversion mode.

For example, my recent GPU expired in summer 2022. I had already prepped buying some annual Gold cards from Costco. I tried loading them thinkng it'll just load Gold after my GPU expired. Instead it said if I loaded the card, it would add 3 months on GPU. I cancelled loading it.

So I waited for my GPU to totally expire, and then loaded the Gold cards and did the 1 month GPU top up the day after my GPU expired..
My GP is 100% expired. Not able to use any features of it etc

So basically by Gold and convert on the console.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My GP is 100% expired. Not able to use any features of it etc

So basically by Gold and convert on the console.
Ya. Load up on Gold up to 3 years max on your profile. Then buy GP. I simply bought GP on my Xbox console. It should bill you for one month. But you'll get GPU for however long your Gold membership is.

Are you in the US? It should work. I say that because I dont know if this works in other countries aside from US and Canada.

Maddux4164

Ya. Load up on Gold up to 3 years max on your profile. Then buy GP. I simply bought GP on my Xbox console. It should bill you for one month. But you'll get GPU for however long your Gold membership is.

Are you in the US? It should work. I say that because I dont know if this works in other countries aside from US and Canada.
Yea. US here. I’m assuming CDKEYS is best for Gold purchases? (Cheapest)

adamsapple

Yea. US here. I’m assuming CDKEYS is best for Gold purchases? (Cheapest)

With a free VPN it is the cheapest, yes.

But I understand if some folks are hesitant. For cases like that, newegg is often the best place which routinely has some discounts on official Gold codes. So keep an eye on their pages.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
CDKeys the website is 100% legit. I have used them for years.

But there are better deals to get GPU for cheaper.

This is applicable if you are a new subscriber or your game pass has completely run out, you cannot do this if you have an active sub ongoing. So wait for it to run out first.

Follow the guide below and get 36 months (3 years) of GPU for around $110 USD.

1. Purchase [cdkeys.com] 12-Month Xbox Live Gold Membership (Turkey - Email Delivery).
2. Create [windscribe.com] Free Account on Windscribe VPN and Download App or Chrome Extension [windscribe.com].
3. Connect to Turkey on Windscribe VPN or using your own VPN service/app.
4. Redeem [microsoft.com] your Xbox Live Gold code(s) without agreeing to recurring billing.
You can stack up to three years of Xbox Live Gold.
5. Disconnect VPN.
6. Join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate [xbox.com] by purchasing your first month for $1 ($14.99 if you joined Game Pass before for $1).

That's a great guide, but why use the Turkey XLG? It is never in stock.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Why pay $28 when you could pay $195!

You're not wrong though, if someone wants 3 years of it. For less than that this is an ok deal, too.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

Gold Member
If you have already had GP it's 14.99. New peeps get the $1 deal

I currently have Game Pass Ultimate and it expires in April, so if I let it expire, buy 3 years of gold, and then convert it Microsoft won't charge me $1 but will instead charge $14.99?

Sorry for the stupid question.

If that's the case wouldn't I be better off just creating a new Microsoft account login, and then sharing the Game Pass Ultimate from that account with my primary account to save $13.99?

Cornbread78

I currently have Game Pass Ultimate and it expires in April, so if I let it expire, buy 3 years of gold, and then convert it Microsoft won't charge me $1 but will instead charge $14.99?

If that's the case wouldn't I be better off just creating a new Microsoft account login, and then sharing the Game Pass Ultimate from that account with my primary account to save $13.99?

Yes, they charge you the 14.99 for the month of GP and allow you to convert all your Gold to GP. Still a bargain

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Yes, they're legit. Just pay attention to regions if they're region specific codes.

I used them often in the past for buying yearly subs for friends that are less fortunate, etc..

adamsapple

Yes you are right on both accounts. The $1 deal only applies for first time converts. After that it charges you 1 months equivalent GPU price.

But the conversion itself can be done as many times as you want, there has not been a limited on that... YET

Top Bottom