• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arzette: The Jewel of Faramore (Guy made a spiritual sequel to the Zelda CD-I.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Surprised I didn't see any mention of this via Search

Based on wikipedia, seems like this is solo developed by a guy who did fan remasters of the Zelda CD-I games. He got the OG Link/Zalda voice actors and the original animator of those goofy cutscenes.

It's so damn good so far. Gameplay is pure old school, no weird gimmicks or anything like that. Plays well too and pretty forgiving on Normal mode.

$19.99, I'm playing on PS5.

OST is God-Tier.

Robb

Gold Member
Why anyone would want to re-create that horrible Zelda CDi “artstyle” is beyond me. That said, they definitely did a good job. Looks just as terrible as those Zelda games.

Because it's highly unlikely they would be picked for the real deal.

I was more thinking these actors wouldn't still be active voice actors, and had lived in shame for the last 30 years and moved on with their lives and have new careers, etc.

And it can't be easy getting ahold of people just like that. Well anyway, I read an interview with the game's creator - how very fun and interesting! Impressive!

AREYOUOKAY?

I was more thinking these actors wouldn't still be active voice actors, and had lived in shame for the last 30 years and moved on with their lives and have new careers, etc.

And it can't be easy getting ahold of people just like that. Well anyway, I read an interview with the game's creator - how very fun and interesting! Impressive!
Everyone has to start somewhere. If this gets a sequel then I hope they get the Hotel Mario guy for a character voice since they already parodied the gameplay with bonus stages.

Last edited:

Kilau

OP successfully selling us on this game:

zelda-cdi-salesman.gif

CamHostage

Why anyone would want to re-create that horrible Zelda CDi “artstyle” is beyond me. That said, they definitely did a good job. Looks just as terrible as those Zelda games.

This actually looks like it plays well, though, which would be a big change. (The fan-remasters are admirable, but they clearly have to deal with being bad games in the first place.)

I don't know where anybody is going to find in their hearts nostalgia for that awful era of off-model animation and weird colors, but the designer seems to have captured all of what was identifiable from that era without bring over all that sucked about it. It looks worth checking out IMO!

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
I do not mean to devalue the clear love put into this, but since I have no nostalgia for the source material it would be an impulse buy at a discounted sale price.

fart town usa

Gold Member
To be fair, I think that about 90% of hyper-realistic AAA games, including something like TLOU. Cringe as far as the eye can see.

Seeing a goofy tongue-in-cheek art style is a breath of fresh air for me.

Robb

Gold Member
To be fair, I think that about 90% of hyper-realistic AAA games, including something like TLOU. Cringe as far as the eye can see.

Seeing a goofy tongue-in-cheek art style is a breath of fresh air for me.
Sure and I can definitely appreciate the humor of it. It’s just not something I’d pay to experience, personally.

Top Bottom