• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora - The Sky Breaker Story Pack Releases July 16 | Ubisoft Foward

Draugoth

Gold Member
Ubisoft announced the game’s new expansion, The Sky Breaker Story Pack, coming July 16. It will be available for purchase separately and as part of the game’s season pass.

Last edited:
Played this on PS5 before all the patches and was really impressed, then read the patch notes which sound like they've addressed almost every criticism I had with it, so I imagine it's a solid 9/10 now. I also saw it launched on Steam to "mixed" reviews so far, feels bad man, the games legit great but folks seem to hate Ubisoft, or hate Avatar, or hate the DRM, or the store exclusivity, basically hate something other than the game enough for it to make the game look bad which is a real shame.

The first two hours are pretty weird and confusing and not really indicative of the game, it's a sort of meta "you have to teach yourself how to be Navi so we're not going to tutorial shit for you" but I can see folks maybe refunding on steam before the game ever really unlocks, but once you climb that massive hill and get your Ekron flying-me-jig, it's top tier.

TLDR; pick it up on sale, it's great, and thanks for attending my ted talk on Avatar.

Last edited:

hollams

Gold Member
I just bought the Samsung 32:9 57 inch monitor and played Avatar last night and it was an incredible experience. The 1000R curve of the monitor really surrounds you and makes you feel like you are there. The graphics of course were top notch but what really impressed me was the player movement. Silky smooth running, crouching and jumping all blended together nicely which really improved the FPS experience.

I wonder if the new mobility in COD will have a similar feeling.

Top Bottom