• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Axios: Trump suspects Bannon of leaking, putting job in jeopardy

Zubz

Banned
I don't know if the site's trustworthy, but I want this to be true. I mean, I hate Bannon, but he probably actually was involved with some of the leaks.

Side-note, I misread this as "Barron" at first & could totally believe Trump would get angry at his 10 year old kid out of his own paranoia about leaks.

Dynasty

If this is true, why would Bannon leak stuff? So he would be the only confidant?

chaos-is-a-ladder-littlefinger-300x228.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Hmm...

Now it makes sense. If Trump is gonna fire Bannon he doesn't want to lose his alt-right support so he tried to win them over today (and, judging from Stormfront, it worked).

While I'm skeptical, all the leaks have dissented into chaos from both political parties.

So yeah, sounds like Bannon's M.O.

Spoiler: Literally everyone in the WH has leaked at one point or another. That's what you get with a dysfunctional admin full of back stabbing opportunists.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
If this is true, why would Bannon leak stuff? So he would be the only confidant?
To sabotage the opposing members of Trump's team. I'm not sure why Trump is only just realizing this. It's been pretty obvious that Team Bannon has been leaking stuff about Kushner, Priebus, etc.

MechaX

To sabotage the opposing members of Trump's team. I'm not sure why Trump is only just realizing this. It's been pretty obvious that Team Bannon has been leaking stuff about Kushner, Priebus, etc.

I think this probably only came as an epiphany to Trump a couple of days ago, when it fact Bannon being one of the leakers probably should have been his first thought.

Jackpot

Banned
Bannon has become further isolated

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/11/breitbart-war-on-mcmaster-bites-bannon-241517

Breitbart's war on McMaster bites Bannon

The chief White House strategist is increasingly isolated in the West Wing as new chief of staff John Kelly tries to clamp down on negative news stories.

“The guy is desperately trying to lay low and keep his fights from spilling out into the public,” said one White House official. “Because he knows that he gets blamed.”

Vibranium

Banned
Fire him Trump, do it now. It probably will never happen, but after the awful shit going on in the States the last few days, it's nice to dream.

Maridia

It'll take a lot to get get Bannon fired. I doubt it ever happens. Trump does like to distance himself from him from time to time, though.

There's a great New Yorker article on why it's not gonna happen.

Here's the money shot:

The New Yorker said:
The Republican close to the White House described Bannon and Trump’s relationship metaphorically: “Imagine you have a seventy-something-year-old very strong personality in the family,” the Republican said. “And he’s got his golfing buddy who is his best friend. And they go off golfing and drinking and smoking cigars. What he really wants to do is smoke cigars. But the family is telling him, ‘Smoking cigars is really bad for you and the doctor told you not to do it.’ He's, like, ‘I know, I know.’ ”

“So when he’s around his family, he’s, like, ‘Look, I’m not smoking cigars!’ And then he goes off with his golf buddy. And guess what they do? They fucking light up cigars, because that's actually who he is and what he thinks. And Bannon is like his golfing buddy that he goes and smokes cigars with. That’s actually who he is.”

The whole thing is worth reading.

A smart man would've figured it out the first week in the Oval Office.

Trump is not a smart man.

antonz

Its not really a suspicion. Its documented that Breitbart etc. went to war with McMasters last week. it forced a statement from the WH saying they fully side with McMasters.

Does Trump actually give a fuck? Doubtful. If Bannon goes its because the Generals are exerting their power on trump

Top Bottom