• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Navi Rumor: Out late Q4 this year, reference design only

GreatnessRD

Looks like the next few months are about to be fun times. I really hope AMD can deliver and send a chill up nVidia's spine. Consumers would win big if that happened. Got a cool $600 saved so far for my future ampere or Big Navi GPU.

Let's go!

b0uncyfr0

For fucks sake AMD - why limit yourself like this....Your reference cards are nothing special! Unless they've done something i'm unaware off?

Rikkori

Remember! reference =/= blower

The 16 GB vram is a big deal for me compared to Nvidia's puny 11 GB but I have no patience to wait an extra 2 months.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Waiting for real concrete info from AMD and NVIDIA re performance and pricing of these cards is ridiculous. Its worse that PS5/XBSeX info at this point.

I of course am leaning to NVIDIA but if AMD came out with some real info I may change my mind. Anyways time will tell but its just annoying.

Birdo

Banned
70-707722_the-legend-of-zelda-clipart-fairy-navi-navi.png

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Is this the card that will finally compete with the 2018 card that is the RTX 2080 Ti? Lol.

It's gonna take a lot to convince me to go back to AMD gpus. Driver support is ridiculous and they get so damn hot.

LOLCats

Banned
feels like both are trying to rush shit out the door. id prefer they wait and release polished products. ... ya thats not gonna happen.

Knightime_X

After the horrific shitshow rx 5700 xt was it's very hard to be even micro interested in any amd gpu.

I even returned it and they said it wasn't defective which was sooo much the final nail.

Fucking shit keeps crashing.
Games are literally unplayable for longer than 5ish minutes.

Sorry. I'm just ranting with heavy amd gpu remorse.

Revas

Is this the card that will finally compete with the 2018 card that is the RTX 2080 Ti? Lol.

It's gonna take a lot to convince me to go back to AMD gpus. Driver support is ridiculous and they get so damn hot.

Rumor has it that big navi is 40% faster than the 2080TI.

Rikkori

I've read that NVIDIA's next-gen Ampere DLSS 3.0 could work on ANY game that uses TAA

That's just fan-fiction written by a certain youtuber for clicks, and even he walked it back. Should've been obvious anyway after Nvidia explained implementation. But even other niche gameworks features in the past always required Nvidia engineers to actively work on game dev, so it's nothing new. Sadly ignorance & clickbait spreads easier than knowledge.

amigastar

That's just fan-fiction written by a certain youtuber for clicks, and even he walked it back. Should've been obvious anyway after Nvidia explained implementation. But even other niche gameworks features in the past always required Nvidia engineers to actively work on game dev, so it's nothing new. Sadly ignorance & clickbait spreads easier than knowledge.

I wouldn't know, thx for clarification. Too bad.

Top Bottom