• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billbill-kun: Second Trailer of Monster Hunter Wilds will be revealed soon

Duh, of course it will. They said summer back at the TGAs. It's basically June. Doesn't take an insider to predict June for the next MH trailer/ info. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
It's supposedly at the State of Play.
Definitely makes more sense than the Xbox showcase. MH is still huge on PS. And it's way too big of a game to only have it at the Capcom showcase, assuming they even do one.

Last edited:
Reactions: XXL
LEEEEEET'S FUUUCCCCKING GOOOOOO
Meagan Good Ti GIF by Monster Hunter Movie

talk let GIF

If you don't share in this excitement then
Frustrated Whats Wrong With You GIF

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
how many 1000's of hours will i play this game... i've spent more time watching the first trailer than i do playing most new games i buy lol

how many 1000's of hours will i play this game... i've spent more time watching the first trailer than i do playing most new games i buy lol
It’ll be my most played game of 2025, for sure. Barring some kind of miracle and a new Zelda coming out that soon 😂

Last edited:

Stafford

The first trailer was very underwhelming so it can only get better....

Yeah this. I mean I jumped up from my couch when it was revealed, but on second viewing it looks underwhelming. World looked awesome from the start. I really want to see these monsters and the world more detailed. It reminded me of Rise....

But then....World was a full on gameplay reveal and was a few months away from launch, this one however was more like a teaser and way further from launch.

Last edited:
Yeah this. I mean I jumped up from my couch when it was revealed, but on second viewing it looks underwhelming. World looked awesome from the start. I really want to see these monsters and the world more detailed. It reminded me of Rise....

But then....World was a full on gameplay reveal and was a few months away from launch, this one however was more like a teaser and way further from launch.

Given the state of console sales in Japan, I imagine Switch (2) is the lead platform for this game, hence the good but not quite next-gen visuals.

Schmendrick

For an early teaser I really think it was pretty good 🤷‍♂️. It wasn’t meant as a gameplay reveal
Maybe, but the tech/visual improvements alone were already a disappointment imho. What was presented wouldn't even have impressed on PS4.
Now MH never was a graphics powerhouse, but still.....

Wooxsvan

Given the state of console sales in Japan, I imagine Switch (2) is the lead platform for this game, hence the good but not quite next-gen visuals.
ya it did look kinda lower quality than i expected at the reveal. pretty good sign it might show up on Sw2

Fabieter

Ian hyped for the switch 2, but I hope devs don't do this too much. I still want every platform to have a good showing.

Ian hyped for the switch 2, but I hope devs don't do this too much. I still want every platform to have a good showing.

I don't think it will be the case very often, the other one I expect will be a Switch 2 optimized SKU would be Dragon Quest XII (and any future DQ games). The audience for these franchises in Japan is huge and Japan is playing almost exclusively on Switch at this point.

Last edited:

Stafford

Maybe, but the tech/visual improvements alone were already a disappointment imho. What was presented wouldn't even have impressed on PS4.
Now MH never was a graphics powerhouse, but still.....

Yeah, this.

The creatures in terms of detail look more like Rise than World. That's not good. But let's wait for the new trailer.

I think it's going to be a FF7 Remake to Rebirth scenario. Rebirth did not look as good as Intergrade did, but the game's scale was nowhere near as big. If we need to sacrifice visuals a bit in order to gain an open world fully realized version of the guiding lands, so be it. I didn't think it looked bad at all, seemed on par with World. The hair didn't look too detailed considering how many monsters were on screen, but the Rathalos at the end seemed to be World quality.

Fabieter

I don't think it will be the case very often, the other one I expect will be a Switch 2 optimized SKU would be Dragon Quest XII (and any future DQ games). The audience for these franchises in Japan is huge and Japan is playing almost exclusively on Switch at this point.

Pc is getting bigger in japan and I think its stupid to gimp other versions so that switch 2 version is better optimized than other platforms. I think switch 2 will be good enough to recive down ports of high end games so why would you sabotage your own game for the sake of it.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Pc is getting bigger in japan and I think its stupid to gimp other versions so that switch 2 version is better optimized than other platforms. I think switch 2 will be good enough to recive down ports of high end games so why would you sabotage your own game for the sake of it.
they aren't. i believe this is false, misguided narrative. it's pretty obvious they're spending their resources on scope: mechanics, open world, AI and dense ecology. where it actually matters. World was successful because it specifically sought to reach beyond Japan.

Top Bottom