• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained: Classic II Dominque's Curse DLC Releases June 11th

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
BS_CM2_1911X822.jpg

An all-new Bloodstained adventure awaits!

Classic II: Dominique’s Curse will release on all platforms on Tuesday June 11th!

Launch Time: 8:00am PDT | UTC 15:00 | 16:00 BST | 17:00 CEST | 23:00 HKT | 00:00 JST (12th) | 00:00 KST (12th)

This all new premium DLC mode features the retro gameplay of Classic Mode with a larger map, more enemies and new storyline that begins where Ritual of the Night ends.

Why didn't they just make this it's own standalone game?

simpatico

The 8 bit Bloodstained games were a huge surprise to me. I skipped over them thinking they were too simplistic, but they’re actually pure killer end to end. Day 1 on this.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Alright! I just hope that they change the art design. That's the main gripe I have with Bloodstained 1. Symphony of the Night is the style they should go for. Beautiful pixel art with 3D effects or so.

It will probably go for anime artstyle like the first one. Realistic graphics like FF could be possible since they used Unreal 4. Depends on the budget.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So it's going to be like Castlevania II: Simon's Quest. Nice!
I believe so! One of the area's is reminiscent of towns with NPCs during the game's day cycle which is implied to turn hostile at night(Deadmoon).

This would fall in line with Classic 1 being similar to Castlevania 1 and Classic 2 will be a retread of Castlevania 2.

Looks like you'll take Dominique through "Limbo" and probably acquire portions of B'aalI assume to counteract the Crystal Curse which will function similar to Simon's Curse from CVII), return to Mortal Plane and attempt to take revenge on Miriam for Dominique's prior defeat.

Could be a setup for Bloodstained 2. I'm pretty hyped to see how it will all pan out.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I believe so! One of the area's is reminiscent of towns with NPCs during the game's day cycle which is implied to turn hostile at night(Deadmoon).

This would fall in line with Classic 1 being similar to Castlevania 1 and Classic 2 will be a retread of Castlevania 2.

Looks like you'll take Dominique through "Limbo" and probably acquire portions of B'aalI assume to counteract the Crystal Curse which will function similar to Simon's Curse from CVII), return to Mortal Plane and attempt to take revenge on Miriam for Dominique's prior defeat.

Could be a setup for Bloodstained 2. I'm pretty hyped to see how it will all pan out.
I did some Google searching and it is going to be like Castlevania II. I've been asking for a Bloodstained game to emulate that gameplay so I'm excited. The only thing is I expected it to be the 8-Bit version of Bloodstained.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I did some Google searching and it is going to be like Castlevania II. I've been asking for a Bloodstained game to emulate that gameplay so I'm excited. The only thing is I expected it to be the 8-Bit version of Bloodstained.
Did my own research and there used to be a dev build of the game you could force access to in Version 1.3(it was hidden within game code) so this might be a more polished version. Supposedly played better then the actual game or maybe they were referring to Classic I.

I'm looking forward to the June release.

Overall a good month for me with Selaco, DRG Season 5 and now Dominique's Curse.

CV2 with a Villain Protagonist twist is very refreshing.

But it's also more Castlevania in a time where true Castlevania games are so rare.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Game released today. $10 DLC. If you are a Castlevania fan get it no question. Bloodstained will update and you'll find it under Extras Mode as Classic 2. Takes place right after the end of Bloodstained.

Release Trailer

"Dominique may have been defeated, but she is not finished. Banished to Limbo, she seeks to steal Bael's power and escape to the mortal realm and take her revenge! Explore a massive new map with retro gameplay that takes Classic Mode to a whole new level. Acquire valuable abilities and artifacts that will add to Dominique's power. Speak to friendly demons to gather clues, but beware the waning moon! When the moon changes, friends become foes. "

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I still haven’t beaten Bloodstained 1 yet. I was unfortunate enough to be affected by the glitch that makes a required item no longer appear, meaning I would have to start my entire run over again after putting in like 25+ hours.

I just got salty and quit, despite loving the game. I’m still salty about it.

Top Bottom