• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Briefcases, men's bags, suits, watches, belts, shoes, razors and other manly shit discussion thread

Kev Kev

I am a person who is not really into this kind of stuff, but as I get older, I find myself starting to get a bit more interested. I think most are in their 30's and 40's around here (I'm 33), so I was hoping we could start a discussion about what attire/accessories are hip, cool, professional, nice, highly functional and/or fancy, etc...

This started with me listening to one of my favorite Podcast's "A Medicore Time With Tom And Dan". That started a spin off podcast called "A Gentlemen's Guide To Manliness" (w Tom, Dan and their attorney, Kramer). All of Tom and Dan's podcasts can be found here Tom and Dan. No this isn't me! I don't know these guys personally, I just fucking love their podcast. They are from the central Florida area and it's a pretty heinous, offensive, hilarious comedy show and they don't take things too seriously. They also don't get into politics, woke culture, or any bullshit, they just drink beers, make offensive jokes and have a good time. Check it out if you like comedy podcasts and with a radio feel (they both came from Orlando area terrestrial radio from a show called "The Monsters").

Now, A Gentlemen's Guide To Manliness is a different story. On that show they have their lawyer, Kramer, talk about what a good, quality suit should be (material, tailored, etc.), what kind of suitcase/bag you should carry, watches, cuff links, shaving, shoes, socks, cologne, hair product and more. Like I said, it's not exactly my cup of tea, but their are times where if I dress up nice, smell good and look professional, I can score in some way (job, girl, gig, etc), so I am somewhat interested in some of this stuff, and I'm hoping there are some Gaffers who are into it as well that could give the rest of newbs some tips on looking good.

I figured this was a good place to start discussion for other manly shit that probably doesn't get discussed enough amongst your circle of friends and family... things like what is a nice suit, why you should get it tailored, what colors looks good together, color of shoes and belt you should wear with different colored suits, what is and isn't OVER DOING it, wallets, hair care (including facial hair), cuff links, ties, bow ties, cologne, moisturizers (if any), soaps, shampoos, etc... whatever you can think of. This can also be a discussion about how to act or carry yourself in a professional environment like your job or an interview, or how to act and/or look on a first date, things like that... hope that makes sense.

So I'll start...

I'm looking for a briefcase/bag kind of like this... Briefcases and Bags. Now, I'm looking for something a bit cheaper than those (hopefully under $100, even closer to $50) but still looks clean, simple and professional (I want it to carry around all my music stuff for lessons and teaching positions I fill at local music academies/music stores). Anyone have suggestions on good brands, material or whatever? And isn't too expensive?

teezzy

Banned
I carry this fucker over my shoulder daily. Phone charger, wallet, keys, Carmex for my big ass lips, etc

Keeps my pockets empty. Idk how manly it is, not do I give a rodent's behind

Classic_Throwback_Zippered_Waistbag_Blue_CD6552_01_standard.jpg

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I am a person who is not really into this kind of stuff, but as I get older, I find myself starting to get a bit more interested. I think most are in their 30's and 40's around here (I'm 33), so I was hoping we could start a discussion about what attire/accessories are hip, cool, professional, nice, highly functional and/or fancy, etc...

This started with me listening to one of my favorite Podcast's "A Medicore Time With Tom And Dan". That started a spin off podcast called "A Gentlemen's Guide To Manliness" (w Tom, Dan and their attorney, Kramer). All of Tom and Dan's podcasts can be found here Tom and Dan. No this isn't me! I don't know these guys personally, I just fucking love their podcast. They are from the central Florida area and it's a pretty heinous, offensive, hilarious comedy show and they don't take things too seriously. They also don't get into politics, woke culture, or any bullshit, they just drink beers, make offensive jokes and have a good time. Check it out if you like comedy podcasts and with a radio feel (they both came from Orlando area terrestrial radio from a show called "The Monsters").

Now, A Gentlemen's Guide To Manliness is a different story. On that show they have their lawyer, Kramer, talk about what a good, quality suit should be (material, tailored, etc.), what kind of suitcase/bag you should carry, watches, cuff links, shaving, shoes, socks, cologne, hair product and more. Like I said, it's not exactly my cup of tea, but their are times where if I dress up nice, smell good and look professional, I can score in some way (job, girl, gig, etc), so I am somewhat interested in some of this stuff, and I'm hoping there are some Gaffers who are into it as well that could give the rest of newbs some tips on looking good.

I figured this was a good place to start discussion for other manly shit that probably doesn't get discussed enough amongst your circle of friends and family... things like what is a nice suit, why you should get it tailored, what colors looks good together, color of shoes and belt you should wear with different colored suits, what is and isn't OVER DOING it, wallets, hair care (including facial hair), cuff links, ties, bow ties, cologne, moisturizers (if any), soaps, shampoos, etc... whatever you can think of. This can also be a discussion about how to act or carry yourself in a professional environment like your job or an interview, or how to act and/or look on a first date, things like that... hope that makes sense.

So I'll start...

I'm looking for a briefcase/bag kind of like this... Briefcases and Bags. Now, I'm looking for something a bit cheaper than those (hopefully under $100, even closer to $50) but still looks clean, simple and professional (I want it to carry around all my music stuff for lessons and teaching positions I fill at local music academies/music stores). Anyone have suggestions on good brands, material or whatever? And isn't too expensive?

It’s over your budget, but I do recommend a bag from Goertzen leather in Missoula, MT for anyone with extra cash.

Hand made and lifetime warranty. His shop is small, but worth a look if you’re in the area.

Halcyon

Pre-covid remote work, I would say I spent a decent amount of time being interested in this type of thing. I have my work wardrobe that I fleshed out, getting into nice dress shoes, watches, pens, edc type things. I spent time in the fall upgrading my casual attire with new gyw boots, jeans, belts, leathers, all that. I really enjoy it but lately I've just been slumming it and wearing my g-shocks and flip flops.

I never got into a bag, but I think with all the mixture of remote work i'm doing, it would be nice to have to keep my laptop in. I got a whole instagram where I post my watches and shoes/outfits.

teezzy

Banned
Why not just use a backpack of some kind? More room, comfy and doesn't give off feminine vibes.

I strap it sorta over my shoulder across my chest and the bag rests on my back. It really doesnt look feminine. Otherwise I wear it like a fanny pack. I don't wear it daily but if I'm out n about, hell yeah.

rBVaSFt5YCGADumUAAOfycyvWbc953.jpg

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I have an MK watch. It looks kind of like this. For me I always prefer my watches to be analog and silver or grey. Not terribly expensive either. It was about $300 US when I bought on a trip years back.
c450686e56dc8fe59cdc282b106ed452.jpg

Last edited:

Kev Kev

I carry this fucker over my shoulder daily. Phone charger, wallet, keys, Carmex for my big ass lips, etc

Keeps my pockets empty. Idk how manly it is, not do I give a rodent's behind

Classic_Throwback_Zippered_Waistbag_Blue_CD6552_01_standard.jpg

hey, whatever works!

It’s over your budget, but I do recommend a bag from Goertzen leather in Missoula, MT for anyone with extra cash.

Hand made and lifetime warranty. His shop is small, but worth a look if you’re in the area.

oooouuu i like those, thanks! yeah thats kind of the aesthetic i want, but a little less expensive. the lifetime warranty makes it worth it though. whats it looks like on the inside? does it have pockets and holders and whatnot?

Pre-covid remote work, I would say I spent a decent amount of time being interested in this type of thing. I have my work wardrobe that I fleshed out, getting into nice dress shoes, watches, pens, edc type things. I spent time in the fall upgrading my casual attire with new gyw boots, jeans, belts, leathers, all that. I really enjoy it but lately I've just been slumming it and wearing my g-shocks and flip flops.

I never got into a bag, but I think with all the mixture of remote work i'm doing, it would be nice to have to keep my laptop in. I got a whole instagram where I post my watches and shoes/outfits.

hey man, if youre feeling up to it one day, maybe you could take a few pictures of some of that stuff and show and tell for us in this topic. id love to get an idea of what other men are rocking, why they like it and how long it lasts, so i can start to get an idea of what i will like and not like. thanks!

Also these Wolverine 1000 Mile Morley boots:

tumblr_o55j56mWs01su1lyho1_1280.jpg

Often complimented on all these things btw. Fanny pack included. It's how you wear it, not what it is.
tenor.gif

honest question, do they come scuffed up and worn looking? i actually really like that look, and one of the reaspon i dont always buy new clothes is bc they look to new, ya know?

thats another question... do you guys like the worn out look? and when is it appropriate?

i feel like that is mostly a shoes question, but it could also concern wallets, bags and other leather accessories. like, i dont want a leather bag to look pristine and brand new and plastic ya know? i want it to have a used look, like ive had it for years and its this trusty, super durable thing. if that makes sense...

jason10mm

Gold Member
Buy something nice and well made. Quality over quantity. Do your research, buy timeless designs from folks who hand-make their products and can REPAIR THEM instead of disposable crap. In just a few years you will have an excellent ensemble that you can wear for the rest of your life, instead of chasing trends that make you look ridiculous in hindsight and waste money on fad items.

A nice leather jacket. A dark blue blazer. A couple fitted shirts and slacks. A few subdued high quality silk ties that you actually can tie with more than 1 knot that you leave on it! The 4 in hand and windsor knots aren't that difficult! Some quality denim jeans that don't arrive pre-faded and ripped.

Shoes made by a person who understands feet, not some 12 year old in a sweatshop. If the sole isn't sewn on to the shoe or it is covered in molded rubber, don't wear it on a date.
Get a hand made minimalist wallet because you don't need a hundred discount cards riding on your butt like a creepy hoarder.
A mechanical watch.
Eyeglass frames that are not the freebie ones they throw in with a pair of lenses.
A belt made of dead animal that can hold your bodyweight , not some sort of synthetic pleather that stretches out like a rubber band.
A satchel or briefcase designed to outlast you.
A DE razor and soap/brush set-up because you are a grown ass man, not a boy who needs 5 blade cartridges and squirts blue goo on his face like a girl about to shave her legs.
Find your scent and stick with it. Let every woman who meets you identify THAT SCENT with you. There had better be a faint hint of sweat from your latest workout in there as well, some cigar or pipe tobacco traces doesn't hurt as well.
Take care of your fingernails, learn to do a basic manicure on yourself. You may not think about it, but I GUARANTEE the ladies check that crap out upon first meeting you and IMMEDIATEY decide if they want those fingers touching their lady parts!

Learn about real cocktails and sipping spirits. Pick just one or two and master them. Old Fashioned, Negroni, scotch on the rocks. None of that fruity sugar laden shit or a fucking Jim Beam and coke. Drink beer dark enough that you can't see through the pint glass. Learn how to pair wine with food and how to order for your lady. Hold her damn door open for her, even if your car has bluetooth unlocking magic.

This stuff isn't hard, but you gotta be authentic to yourself. Otherwise it looks like you are wearing a costume and not a wardrobe.

Nymphae

Banned
I bought this bag from Roots when I quit smoking years ago

18050252_024_a.jpg

It's an awesome feeling bag and I used it for several years before getting tired of having uneven weight distribution. My GF bought me a Roots bookbag from Costco a couple years ago and I've been using that ever since, I much prefer the even weight of a bookbag on the shoulders, and generally you get a lot more utility with one as well (plus you don't look gay)

teezzy

Banned
hey, whatever works!

oooouuu i like those, thanks! yeah thats kind of the aesthetic i want, but a little less expensive. the lifetime warranty makes it worth it though. whats it looks like on the inside? does it have pockets and holders and whatnot?

hey man, if youre feeling up to it one day, maybe you could take a few pictures of some of that stuff and show and tell for us in this topic. id love to get an idea of what other men are rocking, why they like it and how long it lasts, so i can start to get an idea of what i will like and not like. thanks!

tenor.gif

honest question, do they come scuffed up and worn looking? i actually really like that look, and one of the reaspon i dont always buy new clothes is bc they look to new, ya know?

thats another question... do you guys like the worn out look? and when is it appropriate?

i feel like that is mostly a shoes question, but it could also concern wallets, bags and other leather accessories. like, i dont want a leather bag to look pristine and brand new and plastic ya know? i want it to have a used look, like ive had it for years and its this trusty, super durable thing. if that makes sense...

I forgot the terminology, but yes - it's a worn leather look. These are a specific variant though - not the typical 1000 Mile boot style - which looks more akin to a Red Wing Iron Ranger

jason10mm

Gold Member

There is worn out and then there is worn-IN. Vintage stuff was made to last and be repaired, cleaned, maintained. Then it often develops a patina of sorts depending on the material. Fades in denim, darkening of wood, wrinkles and richness in leather, scratches in metal with buffed polished edges. That shit looks awesome on old stuff because it was MADE TO LAST. Modern crap is all disposable. No one gives a shit about cracked and scuffed plastic, ripped paper thin cotton, worn through plating on cheap pot metal, stained and color faded fabric on a shirt with ripped pockets and frayed cuffs. But that is because that stuff was junk to begin with. All the "worn in" looks you love are on things made with repairability and durability in mind. So a scratched up apple watch looks bad because those things are cheaply made hunks of plastic. But a faded bezel rolex submariner looks amazing because it tells a story that evokes scuba diving adventures for the past 20 years. Same with shoes, jackets, jeans, briefcases, pens, glasses, hats, wallets, belts, etc.

But you gotta EARN that patina. Buying it "pre-worn" is for fashion pussies and DON'T DO IT. The process they use takes DECADES off the life of your product, or was done on something made for shit to begin with. Get your new item and USE IT. Get it dirty, get it worn. Clean it, maintain it, EARN THE SCUFFS. Your wardrobe tells your story if you let it. Don't go hit up some goodwill and buy someone else's story (ok, ok, do that, but don't pay Forever 21 or whatever a 100% premium to beat your clothes with a wire brush to "pre-wear" it for you!!!)

Kev Kev

I bought this bag from Roots when I quit smoking years ago

18050252_024_a.jpg

It's an awesome feeling bag and I used it for several years before getting tired of having uneven weight distribution. My GF bought me a Roots bookbag from Costco a couple years ago and I've been using that ever since, I much prefer the even weight of a bookbag on the shoulders, and generally you get a lot more utility with one as well (plus you don't look gay)
i like that alot

what about these kinds of bags, anyone use or like these? Men's Doctor Bags. <are those something that people use for briefcase/bags, or is it weird if youre not a doctor and use one f those? lol, serious question, i really like the look of those italian leather doctor bags. probably insanely expensive, but i dunno theres a look about them that i really like

heres a simple doctor bag that im not too crazy about but it gives oyu the idea
5189601b-800x600.jpg

Kev Kev

Buy something nice and well made. Quality over quantity. Do your research, buy timeless designs from folks who hand-make their products and can REPAIR THEM instead of disposable crap. In just a few years you will have an excellent ensemble that you can wear for the rest of your life, instead of chasing trends that make you look ridiculous in hindsight and waste money on fad items.

A nice leather jacket. A dark blue blazer. A couple fitted shirts and slacks. A few subdued high quality silk ties that you actually can tie with more than 1 knot that you leave on it! The 4 in hand and windsor knots aren't that difficult! Some quality denim jeans that don't arrive pre-faded and ripped.

Shoes made by a person who understands feet, not some 12 year old in a sweatshop. If the sole isn't sewn on to the shoe or it is covered in molded rubber, don't wear it on a date.
Get a hand made minimalist wallet because you don't need a hundred discount cards riding on your butt like a creepy hoarder.
A mechanical watch.
Eyeglass frames that are not the freebie ones they throw in with a pair of lenses.
A belt made of dead animal that can hold your bodyweight , not some sort of synthetic pleather that stretches out like a rubber band.
A DE razor and soap/brush set-up because you are a grown ass man, not a boy who needs 5 blade cartridges and squirts blue goo on his face like a girl about to shave her legs.
Find your scent and stick with it. Let every woman who meets you identify THAT SCENT with you. There had better be a faint hint of sweat from your latest workout in there as well, some cigar or pipe tobacco traces doesn't hurt as well.
Take care of your fingernails, learn to do a basic manicure on yourself. You may not think about it, but I GUARANTEE the ladies check that crap out upon first meeting you and IMMEDIATEY decide if they want those fingers touching their lady parts!

Learn about real cocktails and sipping spirits. Pick just one or two and master them. Old Fashioned, Negroni, scotch on the rocks. None of that fruity sugar laden shit or a fucking Jim Beam and coke. Drink beer dark enough that you can't see through the pint glass. Learn how to pair wine with food and how to order for your lady. Hold her damn door open for her, even if your car has bluetooth unlocking magic.

This stuff isn't hard, but you gotta be authentic to yourself. Otherwise it looks like you are wearing a costume and not a wardrobe.

There is worn out and then there is worn-IN. Vintage stuff was made to last and be repaired, cleaned, maintained. Then it often develops a patina of sorts depending on the material. Fades in denim, darkening of wood, wrinkles and richness in leather, scratches in metal with buffed polished edges. That shit looks awesome on old stuff because it was MADE TO LAST. Modern crap is all disposable. No one gives a shit about cracked and scuffed plastic, ripped paper thin cotton, worn through plating on cheap pot metal, stained and color faded fabric on a shirt with ripped pockets and frayed cuffs. But that is because that stuff was junk to begin with. All the "worn in" looks you love are on things made with repairability and durability in mind. So a scratched up apple watch looks bad because those things are cheaply made hunks of plastic. But a faded bezel rolex submariner looks amazing because it tells a story that evokes scuba diving adventures for the past 20 years. Same with shoes, jackets, jeans, briefcases, pens, glasses, hats, wallets, belts, etc.

But you gotta EARN that patina. Buying it "pre-worn" is for fashion pussies and DON'T DO IT. The process they use takes DECADES off the life of your product, or was done on something made for shit to begin with. Get your new item and USE IT. Get it dirty, get it worn. Clean it, maintain it, EARN THE SCUFFS. Your wardrobe tells your story if you let it. Don't go hit up some goodwill and buy someone else's story (ok, ok, do that, but don't pay Forever 21 or whatever a 100% premium to beat your clothes with a wire brush to "pre-wear" it for you!!!)
great posts, thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

Good things cost more, unfortunately. It will likely be the last leather bag I ever need to buy.
There is a sewed in portion with pen holders, zipper & pouches, etc.

rykomatsu

Nothing looks quite as good as a nice pair of boots (Tecovas "The Earl") and properly hemmed raw denim jeans imho

Always get positive comments in my global travels for these two - saddleback leather briefcase and duffel bag. Briefcase is almost like those old school medicine bags - fits a ton of shit and will always fit under the seat in front of you on a plane.

teezzy

Banned
great posts, thanks for the advice!

To add to their point. My boots are "rubbed leather". Google Image it. Thatsm seems to be what you're looking for. It's not like a prefaded tee shirt or factory ripped denim, it's actually a specific process they use when treating the leather.

You'll look like Logan in no time, bub.

teezzy

Banned

A mechanical watch.

tenor.gif

SpiceRacz

If we're on the subject of manly shit, every guy should invest in a quality pocket knife.

Highly recommend Kershaw. Outstanding quality and warranty.

VGEsoterica

I don’t know if it qualifies or manly, nor do I care technically if it does, but I don’t go anywhere without my sunglasses. All Aviator style...Ray Ban, Persol, vintage ones, etc.

Partially it’s because I have eye damage from glacier skiing / coaching where I exposed my eyes to sun too often and now bright light causes pain, but partially now it’s because I don’t feel “right” without them.

If I forget them somehow I go straight home. It’s just a thing now

jason10mm

Gold Member
If we're on the subject of manly shit, every guy should invest in a quality pocket knife.

Highly recommend Kershaw. Outstanding quality and warranty.

Definitely. I usually go for spyderco just because they are reasonably priced (in case you lost it or it gets confiscated) and are easy to move the clip. Do NOT go cheap, a bad lock mechanism will cause the knife to fail and cut you, or a weak spring will let the blade tip open in your pocket so you cut yourself reaching in (if you have a tip up carry style).

A good carry knife doesn't have to be all tactical. Nothing wrong with a Buck that takes 2 hands to open. But for the most part a non assisted opening 1 hand knife is a good choice.

Funny story. I was at a conference in DC once when a slide got caught in the carousel (which tells you how long ago this was) and none of the academic wimps present had a knife or multitool. So I whip out my 4 inch knife to pry it out...to the gasps of fear (awe? Lust? Eny?) from the attendees. I calmed the crowd with "It's ok folks, I'm from Texas!"

Just check local ordinances before investing a few bills into a knife. Places get weird about them. And get a small box cutter tool for your keychain so you dont mess up your knife blade by opening taped up boxes, unless you happen to like sharpening knives (which you should).

jason10mm

Gold Member
Sneakers?

Try New Balance. I love them.
That's what I wear as well. Go into a NB store and they can measure your feet so you get the correct size and width. Do it once so you get your foot type dialed in, then you can shop around if need be.

You really need to get measured for any shoe brand. Just like clothes, there is substantial variation in "size 10 D" between brands so you can't (shouldn't) just buy the number online. Remember, buying a $250 pair that you can repair/resole is cheaper in 5-10 years than buying a new $100 pair every other year that fall apart. Provided you keep the good pair clean and maintained of course.

Get a soft brush, get some shoe trees (especially if you only wear them during certain seasons), and care for your stuff. Probably dont need to do this for sneakers though, I just wear those until the sole inevitably falls apart or the tread is worn smooth, takes about a year for me.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Can I ask for opinions on leather bags versus waxed canvas or nylon.

I LOVE the look of leather but damned if it isnt HEAVY. I can get a similar bag in 600-1000 cordura nylon and it is much lighter. But now I see lots of leather bags imitating nylon ones with a bazillion pockets, zippers, and snaps, all of which makes them even heavier!

I dont have much experience with waxed cotton. Does have a nice tropical feel to it though for a vacation bag. Need to check out some Barbour jackets as well, they have that look nailed!

I live my life of buy once forever not cheap a lot.

A person should own five things and have them everywhere they go. Watch, wallet, knife, pen, comb. The knife of course has to be left sometimes but always keep in mind do not leave the house without the five.

I have a Craft and Lore wallet that will last a lifetime, I carry a Lammy 2000 in black and a Pilot vanishing point in blue. Chicago comb basic model small for my beard/hair. Benchmade valet and a Sinn U1 or iWatch depending on the situation. All of those things will last outside of the iWatch forever. I really hate smart watches as I find them disrespectful and obtuse but given my situation of not pulling a phone out to check messages its my middle ground. Find a pair of boots that you are not afraid to screw up. I have Red Wing Iron rangers in a reddish color that are freaking brilliant and have lasted forever. I would recommend looking at other brands as well such as Nicks as custom made is ultimately the best.

My wallet has enough room for 6 cards and $120 in cash (1 100, 1 20). Carry 2 business cards, credit card, personal id, (anything else important but stay minimal) Why 2 business cards? I am never going to be in a situation that is so important that I cannot go to my bag in my car to get more cards if need be. If I give out more than two business cards during a dinner I am networking not mingling and that is rude as fuck. Always carry enough cash to deal with an issue of covering a meal or drinks but not enough to look like a braggart.

The Sinn U1 is a stupidly indestructible tool watch that I have not issues jumping in a pool, going backpacking, taking a motor out of a car and rebuilding while never once thinking about taking it off. It might look expensive but it will last forever given a few rebuilds over a lifetime and it is not supposed to look fancy, go get a Rolex, or an Omega or even a high end Seiko to dress up. The purpose is to tell time accurately and be able to be scratched up without loss of use.

Always carry a pen. Always. Don't be that asshole that borrows pens, and keep at least blue ink for legal matters even though I would pick black most of the time. When I am in school I even carry a red pen to edit. You don't have to use fountain pens there are many options out there. A lot of companies make amazing brass or other metal bodies that house pilot g2 gel pen carts and those are fantastic. I just happen to have always used a fountain pen since I was in primary school and I refuse to give them up as it is my preference.

Knife, and Comb are personal preference but keep them. Even if you don't have hair to comb perhaps your kid needs to look presentable or send your lazy friend into the bathroom to fix that goofy shit that is only great in their eyes. A knife is not to cut someone it is to open packages, cut rope or string and an everyday tool. You don't need to carry a multi tool so keep that in the car or work bag as when your out you only need enough to do simple things.

J jason10mm post is 100% dead on!

Oh and side not if you are going to carry a gun for some reason A Glock 29 is not a bad choice 10mm ammo is pretty much the middle ground between dirty harry and too weak for a bear.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
merkur-23c-long-handle-safety-razor-2_700x700.jpg

I have this one. The shave you get from it is unparalleled. You'll look at cartridge shavers like they're trash basically once you've mastered one of these bad boys. My first and only one btw, it's the same one in the pic. Was given to me as a gift. It's $30 but it gives a world class shave imo

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
That a merkur? I use one as well. I've tried a lot of different razors from Gillette (their classic vintage stuff) to other modern razors and none are as nice. Guess I like a real mild shave :p

Kev Kev

Find your scent and stick with it. Let every woman who meets you identify THAT SCENT with you.

what would you suggest for me? im a huge fan of cedar wood, white wood and those kinds of smells. im looking for somethign to wear daily, so i dont want it to be too strong or too expensive, but i dont want it to smell like axe (a little more on the expensive side is ok, but i dont want to break the bank).

thanks!

what would you suggest for me? im a huge fan of cedar wood, white wood and those kinds of smells. im looking for somethign to wear daily, so i dont want it to be too strong or too expensive, but i dont want it to smell like axe (a little more on the expensive side is ok, but i dont want to break the bank).

thanks!

Honestly you should find this on your own. You are the one that has to wear it.

i understand what youre saying (bc everyone has different preferences yes of course) but i mean.... pointing me in the right direction coudlnt hurt?

I get it. For some reason I can drop a stupid amount on a watch or pen but I get queasy when it comes to scents and how much they can cost. Do you know of any scents that you like but wish were more woodsy?

Anki

Banned
I have been using a lot of different perfumes and I finally found the perfect one for me, which is Dior Homme Intense The smell is amazing. This perfume made a lot of people comment how nice it smells. Woman and man would complement me and ask me what kind of perfume is that. Its really good. It cost around 100 euros and it last me for almost a year and I am using it daily.

Edit: its this one https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Christian-Dior/Dior-Homme-Intense-2011-13016.html

Last edited:

Kev Kev

I get it. For some reason I can drop a stupid amount on a watch or pen but I get queasy when it comes to scents and how much they can cost. Do you know of any scents that you like but wish were more woodsy?
i literally only know about the one axe scent i use to use (apollo, and for a long time people thought i was weairng expensive shit, and then all the other guys figured out how good it smelled and next thing you know everyone has my scent :messenger_weary: ). other than that, i know i like the woodsy/cedar smells of the scents i use in my home. i literally never used any other cologne/scent/fragrance

Top Bottom