• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bruce Lee's 80th birthday; celebrate and respect The Dragon

Bullet Club

Banned
0fOjd7O.gif

Riven326

Banned
I have the bluray collection that includes seven or eight films. I grew up watching these and it's wonderful to be able to watch them again in their original language.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
He was not the greatest actor, but goddamn did the man have great screen presence and physicality to pull off looking like a badass effortlessly.

Gone too soon Dragon.

What an absolute shitshow of a sequence.
Four minutes of fighting, and there's only about 4 cuts.
That's just shit.
Should be 1 cut per second, not per minute.

Epic fail.

I've been reading through 'Bruce Lee's Fighting Method' over the last few months as a part of my exercise regimen. He was a bright guy, focusing on the concrete functions of a particular move or tool, and he was obsessed with training himself. Jeet kun do was/is definitely an everyman's martial art, teaching the best, simplest tools. tbh I've only seen two of his movies and they were pretty goood, but I prefer the schlocky Shaw Brothers-style martial arts movies of that era.

Remember when the larpers in Portland tried to mimic Hong Kong folks by saying 'be like water'.

Never was a very big fan of the Brucester but there's no denying his awesomeness.

GreyHorace

I like videos showing in slow motion how his moves are more complex than you realize (and with cameras barely able to catch it)

Is it any wonder why he choreographed his own fights? He wanted to incorporate his philosophies on martial arts and demonstrate them onscreen. That's why you see a lot of feints and dirty tactics such as biting.

Top Bottom