• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bubble - Trailer - Netflix Anime Movie (lots of known names working on this)

jorgejjvr

• Directed by Attack on Titan (, Death Note, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress,...)
  • Written by Gen Urobuchi (Fate Zero, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Psycho Pass, Thunberbolt Fantasy,...)
  • Original character design by Takeshi Obata (Artist of Death Note, Hiraku no Go, Bakuman,...)
  • Music by Hiroyuki Sawano (Attack on Titan, Gundam Unicorn, Kill la Kill, Seven Deadly Sins, Promare,...)
  • Animation production by WIT Studio (Attack on Titan, Great Pretender, Vinland Saga, Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song,...)
An incredibly stacked staff list

Fbh

Directed by Attack on Titan?
Confused Thinking GIF

Gen Urobuchi is a bit hit and miss with his stories, but at least in the trailer it looks fun and thankfully the animation isn't trash like in most other Netflix originals (aside from Arcane and a few others)

Last edited:

K' Dash

Gold Member
I know the feeling. Looks cool though.

Do you ever get past the look of disappointment when they see you watching a cartoon.

my wife doesn't care most of the time, I also don't watch anime or TV in general as much as I used to.

Little Mac

Demon Slayer S2 has ruined all anime for me. Now excuse me while I shop online for a Tengan Uzui wallscroll.

Last edited:

Doom85

Do you ever get past the look of disappointment when they see you watching a cartoon.

Can’t relate, as I look at people who judge something purely for being animated with a disappointed look.

No Way Smh GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Like, my own mother who is in her mid 60’s has seen and enjoyed both Paranoia Agent and Great Pretender. And honestly, I don’t really know anyone who looks at animation with contempt anymore. Certainly everyone in my age demographic (30’s) or younger from my friends, family, and co-workers enjoys cartoons and/or anime to sone degree. Even a few of the most jock-looking dudes at work will surprise me when they see my beanie (has the Scout Regiment symbol on it from Attack on Titan) and recognize it.

SJRB

Gold Member
I'm always down for more weeb shit.

Still remembering you not continuing Knights of Sidonia, Netflix, you fucks. Don't think I forgot about that one!

Even our lord and savior Hideo Kojima commented on the quality of the show and you chose to ignore even the god emperor himself.

Last edited:

Doom85

Directed by Attack on Titan?
Confused Thinking GIF

Gen Urobuchi is a bit hit and miss with his stories, but at least in the trailer it looks fun and thankfully the animation isn't trash like in most other Netflix originals (aside from Arcane and a few others)

Which Urobuchi series did you consider miss? I’ve enjoyed the ones I saw (Madoka, Psycho-Pass) that he did. Hell, the fact that virtually everyone agreed Psycho Pass Season 2 was a huge step down from Season 1, and Urobuchi only did Season 1 speaks volumes. Hell, even something like Aldnoah Zero wasn’t on him as he wrote only the first few episodes and wasn’t responsible for the infamous Season 2‘s opening episode retconning the prior season’s cliffhanger.

Also, WIT Studio isn’t tied to Netflix and they’ve always been solid in the animation department. Still need to watch Vivy, the fights look fucking awesome.

Fbh

Which Urobuchi series did you consider miss? I’ve enjoyed the ones I saw (Madoka, Psycho-Pass) that he did. Hell, the fact that virtually everyone agreed Psycho Pass Season 2 was a huge step down from Season 1, and Urobuchi only did Season 1 speaks volumes. Hell, even something like Aldnoah Zero wasn’t on him as he wrote only the first few episodes and wasn’t responsible for the infamous Season 2‘s opening episode retconning the prior season’s cliffhanger.

Also, WIT Studio isn’t tied to Netflix and they’ve always been solid in the animation department. Still need to watch Vivy, the fights look fucking awesome.

Really liked Madoka and I love Fate Zero (shame the rest of the franchise is trash).
Psycho Pass was ok, felt like the actual story and characters didn't fully live up the the potential of the concept, though I agree it got notoriously worse after he left.

Didn't like Aldnoah Zero or Gargantia but I must admit I didn't realize his involvement with was limited.

Admittedly though, my skepticism is mostly because I thought the animated Godzilla trilogy was fucking terrible (not even sure why I watched all 3).

Top Bottom