• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Caravan SandWitch - Game Reveal Trailer | PS5, PC & Switch

ABOUT THIS GAME​

CSW_KeyartSteam.gif

In Caravan SandWitch, embark on a journey across a Sci-Fi Provence-like world, driven by a mystery through your missing sister that unfolds with each step you take.

GifExplo.gif

Interact with the communities on Cigalo, help them with their tasks and meet new people along the way. Take your time to explore the world, whether in your van or on foot.

Life is simple: no combat, no death, no timer, just you, your van, and the world.​

Explore a Provence-like World

GifVan.gif

Equipped with your van and an array of essential tools, you set out on a quest to find your missing sister. Upgrade your van throughout your adventure and explorations to open up new passages and ruins. From navigating treacherous terrain to uncovering ancient ruins, every step of your journey brings you closer to unraveling the truth behind your sister's disappearance.​

A hopeful Post-Apocalypse

GifLandscapes.gif

From a green planet to a desertic one due to human activities and sur-exploitation; discover on Cigalo the impact of humans and its population through your road trip. Meet the Reinetos, an old aboriginal species, the Robots left behind after the planet exploitation, the humans who stayed after everyone left for another planet, and the mysterious SandWitch. All of them live peacefully in Cigalo and help each other in this unwelcome environment.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
A Game developed for All

Plane Toast made huge importance to create a game in which everyone can feel included, representing their vision of a world where communities help each other to overcome the environmental consequences of our world.

Caravan SandWitch is written with an inclusive script, that represents a real community with its people and representation.

This could mean nothing but I've learned it's generally a big red flag.

Fbh

I like the art style, and the overall tone seems chill.
That said, with no combat and no skill based traversal or platforming (at least from what is shown in the trailer) I'd have to see more info about what the gameplay is actually like.
Is it more of a puzzle game? or just a walking simulator?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
no combat and death? urrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:

GrayDock

Awesome visuals, a Prince of Persia (the first PC one) or a NES Ninja Gaiden would be amazing with that art style. A Chrono Trigger remake with those visuals would be a dream come true, and way more cheap for Square to make...

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Artstyle reminds me of Justant which was also by a French studio, I'm now wondering if it's based on some sort of traditional artstyle I'm unaware of with two games having this almost "pastel" look to then in very short order.

This could mean nothing but I've learned it's generally a big red flag.

So you know when people talk about how diversity hijacks titles and inserts itself? Well with these small indie games this is closer to those people rather than hijacking, creating there own studios to tell the story's they want to tell, which is kinda the point.

Oh also there entire team is white and French.

So it'll be funny to see them preaching about race issues if they do go that way.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So you know when people talk about how diversity hijacks titles and inserts itself? Well with these small indie games this is closer to those people rather than hijacking, creating there own studios to tell the story's they want to tell, which is kinda the point.

Oh also there entire team is white and French.

So it'll be funny to see them preaching about race issues if they do go that way.

I dont think race is the diversity they are talking about:

gCt0W7Q.png

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Caravan SandWitch is an action-adventure exploration game developed by Studio Plane Toast. Players will explore diverse environments, make new friends, and investigate a bewitching mystery. Caravan SandWitch is coming to PlayStation 5 (PS5), Nintendo Switch, and PC (Steam) with a demo available now on Steam.

Top Bottom