• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carl's Jr raises stakes in the fast food wars with new Most American Thickburger

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2015/05/...-burger-topped-with-hot-dog-potato-chips.html

Carl's Jr. and Hardee's latest burger, the new, limited-time Most American Thickburger, comes topped with a split hot dog and kettle-cooked potato chips and is slated to arrive on May 20, 2015.

The idea here is that they're combined "three popular American picnic foods together on one bun," so that you're basically getting a hot dog, a burger, and chips.

What else will you find on the Most American Thickburger? A Black Angus beef patty, a slice of American cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup, and mustard on their signature Fresh Baked bun.

Pricing for the Most American Thickburger starts at $5.79 for the 1/3-lb. patty version. It can also be ordered in a combo with fries and a drink starting at $8.29 (prices may vary).

Nutritional info not yet available.

BzU3tTD.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Remember when it was the $6 burger, but then they had to change it because it was actually $6?

That looks disgusting

Then again, I eat plain hamburgers and chicken burgers, don't like cheese and don't eat hot dogs or most condiments outside of Diana Sauce.

like all food from carl's jr, it's probably shit

it's like every sandwich they've ever made has to be dipped in oil before it gets served to a person. Their food is always fucking wet

Kallor

Yeah, not sure I'd want that. The hot dogs and chips kinda gross me out on there.

Their new 'El Diablo' burger was pretty bomb though.

I'm usually not one to go out and buy big ass burgers from fast food joints (especially not carlsJr at like 9 bucks for a burger and drink and fries. Fuck that.) but I could go for another one of these.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Remove the pickles, switch to cheddar cheese instead and replace the tomatoes with onions (Unless they're already there) and you got yourself a deal.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
This seriously its like the kind of shit I used to cook when I was 13 and my parents would leave me alone for the weekend.

Next up: Hot dog ramen.

ShowDog

Carl's/Green Burrito has probably the best menu in traditional chain fast food IMO, too bad the execution is lacking at most of their locations. Lots of poor management in place it seems.

Zach

Yeah, not sure I'd want that. The hot dogs and chips kinda gross me out on there.

I'm usually not one to go out and buy big ass burgers from fast food joints (especially not carlsJr at like 9 bucks for a burger and drink and fries. Fuck that.) but I could go for another one of these.
I also find this -- unlike the burger in the OP -- quite tempting...

I personally rank Carls Jr. over most of the other traditional fast food joints that I can get to. Their double western bacon cheeseburger is still the most glorious burger ever. Their super stars and chicken sandwiches aren't so bad either.

That said, this seems kind of excessive and I'm not really interested in it.

The promo picture for this look horrible. God only know how bad this looks like in reality.

If you buy this all your life choices should flash before you eyes as you take the first bite.

freshair

The first time I had it, I got the 1/3lb and it was so damn tasty. Really great flavors.

Then the second time I had it, I figured that if 1/3 was good, a 1/2 must be even better. No. Too much meat :( Still really good, but not as enjoyable.

1/3 is the perfect patty size in relation to the burger itself, imo. Heed my advice if you go for a round 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom